• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball season has officially started for me!! USF 6-2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Win over Bama!!! GO BULLS

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Very happy about the win, but very disappointed with the coaching job of Stan Heath. Really should not have been this close of a game against Alabama in our house. We all including the USF players want this season to end somewhere in the 2014 NCAAT. They have the talent and the heart(not sure with Rudd JR at times) to win 20+ games and get to the dance, but it just appears that Stan is holding them back just enough. The slow starts after halftime is alarming, and the lack of focus throughout the game is frustrating.

The good news is the season is still young and the overall team performance and coaching can and should improve. We still have games against Miss St and possibly UNLV. Those are games that USF must win and not lose to teams like FGCU and FAMU. Looking at the AAC right now, USF or SMU is the 5th best team in this conference. The NCAA selection committee might only take 4 from this league unless a 5th team can have a very solid resume and post at least 20 wins. The key for USF is beat the teams they suppose to and win a few games against the upper tier teams of the AAC.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

shoulda gone to the game instead of watching that trash performance by a so called football team...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

make it or break it year for heath

great win

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Alabama's other losses were to quality opponents. OU is 7-1 this season, and losing to Duke and Drexel isn't that terrible. FWIW, our loss to Detroit is far worse than their losses. and Alabama WAS a tournament team last season.

All in all, I'd say it was a quality win. It remains to be seen if they fall off the map in the SEC entirely, but perhaps they improve and do well in-conference. 

As for USF:  We lost to Detroit, who whooped FAU, who beat UCiF. So things could be worse there.  Now: we have FGCU coming into town, and they've been struggling with three straight losses, one being to FIU.  I feel like this could be a tough game because they'll be wanting to rectify themselves, and USF will have to play hard and not take them lightly. We should beat FAMU. And then comes the contest against Miss St. 

I like our chances against them. We are arguably the best team they have lined up for their OOC games. Their wins are mainly from a few SWAC opponents and then Kennesaw out of the A-Sun, and they've lost to teams like TCU (who isn't a bad team) and Utah State. 

I like our potential chances to play against UNLV and come in on a nice win streak. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

FGCU should be a win. Their 15 min are up. The UNLV game is interesting. Does anyone know anything about them?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

make it or break it year for heath

:facepalm:

Alabama's other losses were to quality opponents. OU is 7-1 this season, and losing to Duke and Drexel isn't that terrible. FWIW, our loss to Detroit is far worse than their losses. and Alabama WAS a tournament team last season.

All in all, I'd say it was a quality win. It remains to be seen if they fall off the map in the SEC entirely, but perhaps they improve and do well in-conference. 

As for USF:  We lost to Detroit, who whooped FAU, who beat UCiF. So things could be worse there.  Now: we have FGCU coming into town, and they've been struggling with three straight losses, one being to FIU.  I feel like this could be a tough game because they'll be wanting to rectify themselves, and USF will have to play hard and not take them lightly. We should beat FAMU. And then comes the contest against Miss St. 

I like our chances against them. We are arguably the best team they have lined up for their OOC games. Their wins are mainly from a few SWAC opponents and then Kennesaw out of the A-Sun, and they've lost to teams like TCU (who isn't a bad team) and Utah State. 

I like our potential chances to play against UNLV and come in on a nice win streak. 

If by tournament, you mean NIT ... getting to the Elite 8.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see Alabama falling off. They have had 20+ win seasons for the past 3 seasons. I don't know if they will be 20+ this season; but I'm thinking they're at least a 19/20 win team this year. But we shall see.

The Detroit loss for us... is really bad. But hey, if we only have the one bad loss during the season I am happy enough.

FGCU should be a win. Their 15 min are up. The UNLV game is interesting. Does anyone know anything about them?

We only play UNLV if we both win or lose on the 22nd.

Kind of weird tournament (at least I've never noticed before) where first two rounds don't really count towards anything tournament related ...