• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz almost destroyed it but now there's life, finally.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Look, when you see a program like ours hit bottom, it's going to be a while to crawl out.

I mean look what that guy left our program with. We are barely a shadow of what our program used to be.

But tonight there was hope.

Mike White has IT. And I love his attitude!

Patience, Bulls. We'll be back soon enough.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Look, when you see a program like ours hit bottom, it's going to be a while to crawl out.

I mean look what that guy left our program with. We are barely a shadow of what our program used to be.

But tonight there was hope.

Mike White has IT. And I love his attitude!

Patience, Bulls. We'll be back soon enough.

It will take time, but I love his confidence in his abilities.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah I agree the trajectory is starting to go up. Bottom was fau loss.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Holtz did not destroy things as much as is widely believed on this board.  The main thing is CWT has an offense that is completely different than we've ever had here.  It takes time to get it down, compounded by the fact that we had a four man QB derby going on at the same time.  If we had a clear #1 all year it wouldn't have been as painful to get the offense at least starting to point in the right direction.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

Holtz did not destroy things as much as is widely believed on this board.  The main thing is CWT has an offense that is completely different than we've ever had here.  It takes time to get it down, compounded by the fact that we had a four man QB derby going on at the same time.  If we had a clear #1 all year it wouldn't have been as painful to get the offense at least starting to point in the right direction.

Really Holtz didn't destroy things that bad????? Every year he was here= less wins and less talent. CWT took over a team with very little

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The first sign that Holtz destroyed the team (aside from the w-l record while he was here) is the number of Freshman that are getting significant playing time this year. It is a pretty good sign that a total rebuild, from the ground up, is necessary.

Holtz' shortcomings were masked by BJ's ability. As soon as he went down you saw what he created.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

The first sign that Holtz destroyed the team (aside from the w-l record while he was here) is the number of Freshman that are getting significant playing time this year. It is a pretty good sign that a total rebuild, from the ground up, is necessary.

Holtz' shortcomings were masked by BJ's ability. As soon as he went down you saw what he created.

This! More and more of the players Taggart got in his short recruiting window are into the games.