• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is Lynch so bad??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He isn't bad at all, gets lots of penetration.  He's just undisciplined.  He'll look a lot better next year, if he doesn't leave for the draft since I hear he is a guaranteed first round pick.

I'd take DeDe before Lynch all day long

I never said different.  But DeDe is a senior, hence more mature.

I just realized you were referring to the first round pick.  That was sarcasm directed at those that said Lynch would leave after this year since he was a guaranteed first round pick and would have a dozen sacks.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

He has talent but he played on a stacked ND defense and he probably let it get to his head a bit.

This

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I have seen make a few plays this year but nothing when it counts.

Uhhh...he DID get the scoop & score v UConn, that was the winning margin.  Right place, right time, but still a huge play.

Otherwise, I agree, as he's quickly become the king of garbage time sacks.

I was STUNNED when he got a facemask on that sack.  All alone, and STILL gets the mask?  That's a 30 yard net impact.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

He isn't bad at all, gets lots of penetration. He's just undisciplined. He'll look a lot better next year, if he doesn't leave for the draft since I hear he is a guaranteed first round pick.

You're correct on the part about penetration. He's been really good the last few (maybe not UL) games. He was beating his man all game, but Houston throws quick passes a lot, not much you can do as a DE when the ball is out that quick.

He's undisciplined. He needs to work on that. Next year he's going to wreak havoc.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

He had a whole year before this to work. And now over half a season with no obvious improvement. He's just not that good, honestly.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Uhhh...he DID get the scoop & score v UConn, that was the winning margin. Right place, right time, but still a huge play.

I was STUNNED when he got a facemask on that sack. All alone, and STILL gets the mask? That's a 30 yard net impact.

Yeah I forgot about that as we were both there. But he really did nothing on that play, the ball bounced to him and he ran. He did not get penatration on the play and he did not cause the fumble.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Uhhh...he DID get the scoop & score v UConn, that was the winning margin. Right place, right time, but still a huge play.

I was STUNNED when he got a facemask on that sack. All alone, and STILL gets the mask? That's a 30 yard net impact.

Yeah I forgot about that as we were both there. But he really did nothing on that play, the ball bounced to him and he ran. He did not get penatration on the play and he did not cause the fumble.

I agree on the gift from GIddens.  Wonder if he'll go pro, even tho' he's certainly not a high pick after 8 games, unless it's on rep alone.  I'd hate to see him go CMitch on us, get drafted low, and fade away.  Another year, and he could be beast.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I agree on the gift from GIddens. Wonder if he'll go pro, even tho' he's certainly not a high pick after 8 games, unless it's on rep alone. I'd hate to see him go CMitch on us, get drafted low, and fade away. Another year, and he could be beast.

I bet he stays...assuming he likes school.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

He had a whole year before this to work. And now over half a season with no obvious improvement. He's just not that good, honestly.

You must not be watching #19

He is a sophomore and has been improving massively as the season professes. He's consistently creating pressure and beating his man

Edited by FatDaddyBull

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

You must not be watching #19

He is a sophomore and has been improving massively as the season professes. He's consistently creating pressure and beating his man

Mmmmhmmm...