• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL Loss; helps or hurts USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

If UCF is on the upswing and we need time to build, I dont like the possible repercussions on recruiting...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Assuming Help/Hurt are the only two choices (another would be "no impact"), I'm going with hurt.

a ) just because UL may have a perceived weakness, that's no guarantee that it is exploitable by USF...

b ) UCF has - as of day one - had the USF game circled on the calendar and they're not going to knuckle under. This is the 

close-in shot they've been clamoring for, and USF will not miracle a win out of this game...

c ) This is not the year to lose to USF. L'ville, while perhaps somewhat over rated, is just that good when it comes to beating USF.

Both UCF and L'ville are better than USF. I expect to lose to both of them given that I don't subscribe to "miracles / anything can happen"

when it comes to Bullcentric prognostication. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

This absolutely crushes USF. UCF is USF of 2006/2007. They now have two good wins (Penn St, and a very good legit win @UL) , they're in the driver's seat (albeit in a trash conference) in the AAC, and they will be ranked in the top 25 after this game which will get recruits attention big time. 

UCF is a better football program than us now and that will continue for the foreseeable future. Absolutely depressing... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

This absolutely crushes USF. UCF is USF of 2006/2007. They now have two good wins (Penn St, and a very good legit win @UL) , they're in the driver's seat (albeit in a trash conference) in the AAC, and they will be ranked in the top 25 after this game which will get recruits attention big time. 

UCF is a better football program than us now and that will continue for the foreseeable future. Absolutely depressing... 

That's been obvious for a couple years. But on the other hand, if UCF can get better, so can USF.

That's been obvious for a couple years. But on the other hand, if UCF can get better, so can USF.

Difference is UCF moved up and improved their conference. We took a step backwards with our conference and continue to take a step backwards with our play on the field. It'll catch up. I have no doubt we'll compete in our conference in like 3 or 4 years but I don't think we'll ever have the potential we once had again. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

USFBULLS24,

I agree with you. In a way. It is about FN time that UCF rise up. They had how long since they started a program? USF started game one in 1997.  

• Upvote 1

Difference is UCF moved up and improved their conference. We took a step backwards with our conference and continue to take a step backwards with our play on the field. It'll catch up. I have no doubt we'll compete in our conference in like 3 or 4 years but I don't think we'll ever have the potential we once had again. 

Takes time, but the program will cycle up and UCF down. Every program does.

USFBULLS24,

I agree with you. In a way. It is about FN time that UCF rise up. They had how long since they started a program? USF started game one in 1997.

That is true it is about time. 34 years to beat their first legit ranked team? Wow. As bad as it gets for us I'll have comfort in knowing it can never be that bad.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

And the jury is still abouy legit. UL has a lot of flaws. I still thing Coach Strong can be beat easil

USFBULLS24,

That is true it is about time. 34 years to beat their first legit ranked team? Wow. As bad as it gets for us I'll have comfort in knowing it can never be that bad.

They beat Memphis, ranked #13 a few years back. They  ended the season ranked, something USF has never done.