• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Oregon is now successfully recruiting in Florida. They went into Gainesville and signed Tony James, ESPN 300, No. 12 RB, after he made a visit. He had offers from UF and Ohio St.. He commited even when it poured through the game during his visit. They speculated that his doing that means others in Florida may see Oregon as a viable school to consider.

Oregon uses the same type offense many see in high school so its something they know. And they go after players that fit their scheme over player rankings. I wish we had this type of recruiting. It appears USF is recruiting everyone, no matter what scheme they play in high school.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Oregon is now successfully recruiting in Florida. They went into Gainesville and signed Tony James, ESPN 300, No. 12 RB, after he made a visit. He had offers from UF and Ohio St.. He commited even when it poured through the game during his visit. They speculated that his doing that means others in Florida may see Oregon as a viable school to consider.

Oregon uses the same type offense many see in high school so its something they know. And they go after players that fit their scheme over player rankings. I wish we had this type of recruiting. It appears USF is recruiting everyone, no matter what scheme they play in high school.

They got Dungy from Plant a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure most coaches, including ours, don't recruit from player rankings. And we haven't even had a full year of recruiting from this regime so not sure you really have an informed opinion on this.

They got Dungy from Plant a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure most coaches, including ours, don't recruit from player rankings. And we haven't even had a full year of recruiting from this regime so not sure you really have an informed opinion on this.

A few years ago they had a different coaching staff. Some schools have a large number of players in the ESPN 300 so they might be going more on ranking then what system they are in while playing in high school. I don't know the ratio of high schools playing a spread type offense vs what USF has now but I am sure its nowhere near 50/50. That's what I am basing it on. Some of the top Florida high school programs will be playing on ESPNU tonight at 10. Booker T Washington is in Miami and the #1 ranked high school in the country. Let's see what offense they run.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Oregon recruits kids in Florida often. This is nothing new.

They don't have one Florida recruit on the team. So yeah, its been awhile.

http://oregon.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Roster

Uuuhhhhh no.

Also they've actively recruited Florida for at least the past decade. They been in on quiet a few FL prospects to the end during that time but they've struggled to close like most PAC schools do in FL. It's hard to convince kids to essentially leave all their friends and family behind for 4-5 years....

Basically they've pulled kids out of the state under the old and new regime, but not in great numbers. Again this is nothing new. Now if they suddenly start pulling 4-5 kids every cycle then a post like this would be warranted....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

They have the same number of players on the team from Hawaii(3) as they do from Florida. The sky nust be falling

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

http://oregon.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Roster

Uuuhhhhh no.

Also they've actively recruited Florida for at least the past decade. They been in on quiet a few FL prospects to the end during that time but they've struggled to close like most PAC schools do in FL. It's hard to convince kids to essentially leave all their friends and family behind for 4-5 years....

Basically they've pulled kids out of the state under the old and new regime, but not in great numbers. Again this is nothing new. Now if they suddenly start pulling 4-5 kids every cycle then a post like this would be warranted....

Also didnt they recruti Tacoi Sumler not too long ago and I believe he left.  Kids get home sick going that far. There is too much talent in California to regularly recruit the east coast. So unless they see something really special they are not coming this way

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Good Lord, slick, I just said a few posts back that they pulled Dungy's kid out of Plant High a couple of years ago .... Is there some sort of complex that thrives on being wrong?