• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard has to go ASAP.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

No I wasn't there. But it's painfully obvious that our Athletic Department and the person in charge of our athletic department...hmmm... who  might that be.... maybe Doug Woolard or whoever would be on the "team" responsible for trying to get us out of this mess. But no one did. Maybe that's not Woolard's fault completely but you're absolutely downright fooling yourself if you think he has nothing to do with that kind of scenario.

At least Cincy and UConn didn't just sit back and watch everything go to crap. They at least attempted to get into a better situation. What did we do? Not a thing, and you're good with that? I certainly am not.

I know you've been asked this before, or one of you has, but how do you know we didn't do a thing?

You didn't hear anything did you? You heard reports of almost every other program in the Big East trying to get out except USF. Wouldn't that make you think that we didn't do anything..?

No.. you didn't hear reports of Cuse or Pitt trying to leave the BEast.. just as I mentioned before, again, conveniently ignored.

As you stated.. you weren't there.. You have absolutely no idea that Woolard didn't do anything

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

No I wasn't there. But it's painfully obvious that our Athletic Department and the person in charge of our athletic department...hmmm... who might that be.... maybe Doug Woolard or whoever would be on the "team" responsible for trying to get us out of this mess. But no one did. Maybe that's not Woolard's fault completely but you're absolutely downright fooling yourself if you think he has nothing to do with that kind of scenario.

At least Cincy and UConn didn't just sit back and watch everything go to crap. They at least attempted to get into a better situation. What did we do? Not a thing, and you're good with that? I certainly am not.

I know you've been asked this before, or one of you has, but how do you know we didn't do a thing?

You didn't hear anything did you? You heard reports of almost every other program in the Big East trying to get out except USF. Wouldn't that make you think that we didn't do anything..?

No.. you didn't hear reports of Cuse or Pitt trying to leave the BEast.. just as I mentioned before, again, conveniently ignored.

As you stated.. you weren't there.. You have absolutely no idea that Woolard didn't do anything

And either were you so we both have the same chance of being correct and my opinion is that I don't think Woolard did anything to try and help our conference situation.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

No I wasn't there. But it's painfully obvious that our Athletic Department and the person in charge of our athletic department...hmmm... who might that be.... maybe Doug Woolard or whoever would be on the "team" responsible for trying to get us out of this mess. But no one did. Maybe that's not Woolard's fault completely but you're absolutely downright fooling yourself if you think he has nothing to do with that kind of scenario.

And either were you so we both have the same chance of being correct and my opinion is that I don't think Woolard did anything to try and help our conference situation.

Re-read this thread please... I have stated that we don't know what was done.  Whether or not he did anything.  YOU are the one accusing him as if it was fact.. Look at the green highlighted portion of the quote above.  YOU are the one accusing him of not doing a thing... yet without any knowledge, proof, information about it.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Woolard is one of the most highest paid AD's in college sports... he does not deserve this $$ and in typical USF fashion we have over paid another dud.

Since we are locked in a two season death spin I say lets clean house... fire Doug and Co. and bring in a professional SEC group from one of the more successful SEC programs.

With the money we pay Doug we could literally afford almost any SEC AD staff right now without any issues. Imagine what Taggart could do with a professional and successful SEC AD staff behind him vs. Doug and his merry band of key stone cops.

Based on what Doug makes we could ditch him, lure in a new SEC group, and still save some money in the process. We should not be stuck paying top dollar for an inferior product.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You are correct that you both have the same chance of being correct.  However, to hold your opinion means Woolard cares nothing about trying to put an athletic department that he is responsible for on a more steady foundation in a better conference, and that he doesn't want USF to earn more revenue, thereby eventually increasing the money he would eventually make.  

So yeah, if you believe all that, then your opinion makes sense.  

No I wasn't there. But it's painfully obvious that our Athletic Department and the person in charge of our athletic department...hmmm... who  might that be.... maybe Doug Woolard or whoever would be on the "team" responsible for trying to get us out of this mess. But no one did. Maybe that's not Woolard's fault completely but you're absolutely downright fooling yourself if you think he has nothing to do with that kind of scenario.

Did Cuse or Pitt end up leaving the Big East? Yes, they did. Obviously they were trying to get out. You did hear reports of other schools in the Big East - Uconn, Cincy, etc trying to get out. These teams you're mentioning you didn't hear anything prior to them leaving. But the important part for their schools is they did do something and they did leave. Not only did USF not leave, there wasn't even a report or anything about USF even thinking about it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Woolard is one of the most highest paid AD's in college sports... he does not deserve this $$ and in typical USF fashion we have over paid another dud.

Since we are locked in a two season death spin I say lets clean house... fire Doug and Co. and bring in a professional SEC group from one of the more successful SEC programs.

With the money we pay Doug we could literally afford almost any SEC AD staff right now without any issues. Imagine what Taggart could do with a professional and successful SEC AD staff behind him vs. Doug and his merry band of key stone cops.

Based on what Doug makes we could ditch him, lure in a new SEC group, and still save some money in the process. We should not be stuck paying top dollar for an inferior product.

:facepalm:

Re-read this thread please... I have stated that we don't know what was done.  Whether or not he did anything.  YOU are the one accusing him as if it was fact.. Look at the green highlighted portion of the quote above.  YOU are the one accusing him of not doing a thing... yet without any knowledge, proof, information about it.

Sorry... Didn't know you were a lawyer and dissect every word. I do not know for a fact ANYTHING about how anything went down as far as conference re-alignment and how or if Doug Woolard and USF tried to get involved. In my opinion, the way it played out, and hearing about other schools trying to leave, I do not think that Doug Woolard or USF did anything to try and get out of the mess that is now the AAC. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But in my mind seeing that there were reports about some other schools in the Big East trying everything they could to leave as well as obviously other schools leaving officially makes me think very strongly that we didn't do anything. Again let me say I could easily be wrong, but you can't say I can't easily be right either..

You are correct that you both have the same chance of being correct.  However, to hold your opinion means Woolard cares nothing about trying to put an athletic department that he is responsible for on a more steady foundation in a better conference, and that he doesn't want USF to earn more revenue, thereby eventually increasing the money he would eventually make.  

So yeah, if you believe all that, then your opinion makes sense.  

I never said that I think Woolard doesn't want his athletic department to be on a "more steady foundation in a better conference, and that he doesn't want USF to earn more revenue, thereby eventually increasing the money he would eventually make". Obviously I know he wants to do this... but that doesn't mean he did anything! Just because someone wants a new job and to make more  money doesn't mean they do everything in there power to get one. If life were as simple as if someone wants something it happens or they go and do it things would be a lot different lol.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Mark Sanchez was always an iffy candidate, he only played 1 season as starter at USC. Its like saying Josh Freeman was a great NFL Candidate. As one of the former NFL execs said on NFL Network yesterday, he showed bad decision making and accuracy in college and still does it in the NFL.

LOL that is not the point!!!!!!! The point is the New York Jets thought he was a good enough candidate to take him early in the 1st round. They were wrong, and their team is paying for that mistake now. Doug Woolard thought Skip Holtz was a very good candidate. He was wrong and our team is paying for that now. AGAIN I am not comparing the situations and I know it is different, I am simply saying just because Doug Woolard or a NFL GM hires/drafts a "good candidate" doesn't mean everything is good and they did the right thing. 

Would you rather me use Jamarcus Russell with the Raiders? Ryan Leaf with the Chargers? Tim Couch with the Browns? Pick which ever you want. 

Difference being that the GM and Rex liked Sanchez. And after years, both are still employed. And Woolard relied on a professional search firm to find qualified candidates. And if I recall, LRS was on that jet to get Holtz. Doubt he would do that if he wasn't behind it either. Maybe you would be better served by suggesting USF sued that firm.

You don't fire people for hiring qualified people. You fire the qualified employee when they don't meet performance expectations. No one in America in management would be employed if they were fired for hiring employees that didn't work out.

Edited by slick1ru2