• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kick return team needs a brain transplant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

The kick returners on our team either do not know the NCAA rules on kick returns, or they have the ego the size of Jupiter.

The NCAA rules are a touchback results in placing the ball on the 25 yard line.  However, the Mensa members on the kick return team insist on running the ball back and barely getting 10 yards.  Talk about handcuffing the offense from the get go.

Only a few times did I notice one player indicate to the kick return guy to down the ball in the end zone.  There were only a few times where a kick return yielded 25 yards or even 20 yards.  They need to have better vision to see if they have the coverage to return the ball more than 25 yards.

There are no guys on this team large enough or fast enough to bulldoze over the opposing team, so they need to think before they run.  Maybe they spend too much time playing Madden video games where they juke and jive all over the virtual field, but that never works in the real world.

Our offense has enough problems.  The special teams need to stop adding to the difficulties of the offense.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

unfortunately i think we might be better off rolling the dice from 9 yards deep in the endzone on a kick return that trotting the offense out there.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

unfortunately i think we might be better off rolling the dice from 9 yards deep in the endzone on a kick return that trotting the offense out there.

Came in to post this.

You ever think it might be an order from CWT? Starting on the 25 or the 10 doesnt make much difference if we go 3 and out either way. Might get some good blocks and end up on their 40 or even a TD return. You never know. It is frustrating for us but you have to remember that this offense is a car with four flat tires most of the time.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Came in to post this.

You ever think it might be an order from CWT? Starting on the 25 or the 10 doesnt make much difference if we go 3 and out either way. Might get some good blocks and end up on their 40 or even a TD return. You never know. It is frustrating for us but you have to remember that this offense is a car with four flat tires most of the time.

Actually it does make a huge difference.  Kicking a punt from the end zone is a worse situation than kicking a punt from the 25 yard line.  It also puts us in a danger of giving up a safety.

The offense might be a car with four flat tires but it is better to push that car when it is on the road vs. trying to keep the car from falling off a cliff.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Actually it does make a huge difference.  Kicking a punt from the end zone is a worse situation than kicking a punt from the 25 yard line.  It also puts us in a danger of giving up a safety.

The offense might be a car with four flat tires but it is better to push that car when it is on the road vs. trying to keep the car from falling off a cliff.

I agree with you, in theory. If this were a normal team, I'd be right there with you. However, this offense has shown it is capable of giving up scores on their own or their opponents 20, so I am saying that maybe CWT just says "F it do whatever you can."