• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Thank you to Doug Woolard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The Director of Athletics' job is to oversee the entire athletic program. Not just the football team. Yes Doug has made his mistakes, there's no doubt about that, but no one is ever 100% right with every move they make. The athletics department as a whole is better off. I'll bet $$ to donuts that very few AD's would stop and offer what he offered.

Yeah, probably not many. If smazza were AD, you guys would have been roadkill for parking in his spot. pot.gif

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

smazza is on point lately.

really bringing his best.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

The Director of Athletics' job is to oversee the entire athletic program. Not just the football team. Yes Doug has made his mistakes, there's no doubt about that, but no one is ever 100% right with every move they make. The athletics department as a whole is better off. I'll bet $$ to donuts that very few AD's would stop and offer what he offered.

Doug is always great to us. Saw us at a BB game and asked if we had had a tour of the Dome. Told him we had prior to it being completed. So he asked if we had seen the Student club.  Told him no.  Told us to follow him and brought us on a quick tour. 

We got an invite to sit in the ADs box for the McNeese game.  He was a great host. His wife Cherie is always nice as well. 

I should note that I gave him a really hard time once and was out of line a couple of years back.  I wrote a letter of apology. I think he respected that and hasn't forgotten. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

I don't think anyone who has met Doug and had a conversation with him would say anything negative about him as a person.

I can see how some people do not like how he operates the athletic department-- or at least specific moves he has made with regards to the major sports. I can think of a few items that I wasn't happy to hear about myself.

But some of the nasty things people write on here seem to vilify the man entirely. That type of activity I don't agree with one bit.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I don't think anyone who has met Doug and had a conversation with him would say anything negative about him as a person.

I can see how some people do not like how he operates the athletic department-- or at least specific moves he has made with regards to the major sports. I can think of a few items that I wasn't happy to hear about myself.

But some of the nasty things people write on here seem to vilify the man entirely. That type of activity I don't agree with one bit.

The vilifying and whining mainly comes from those that won't let Leavittgate go. I could understand the ******** if Holtz was still here but him biting the bullet and making that move should have calmed them down ....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Spot on and a perfect wrap up to this whole discussion.

/thread

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

he is a terrible ad

and should have been fired years ago

**** straight. Being a decent person has no ties to being a successful AD. He's the biggest problem the program has. The issue is that getting rid of him doesn't immediately fix our program so there's no instant gratification. To add to that, I'm sure it's tough to hire the right AD (contract, right fit, proven track record, etc). This would be why he's stuck around so long. Unfortunately there's only two things that fix this program...good long term solutions and time. I foresee we cut our losses and he's gone by the end of the year if we have a terrible record. It has to be terrible though. Willy T will be around for a few years and I think his style is good. I hope he does well with what he's got. He had a major flop at the QB position last week but it seems that's been corrected with Eveld. Wasn't Eveld the guy who went in and beat Miami after Daniels was injured? He looks very poised in the QB position and fits well with the traditional offense we're running now. At least it's a start at fixing the madness but lot's more work to do. That's my two cents anyway...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

ON second thought, no need to reply. :)

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage