• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Placekicker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

I can't imagine not knowing the guy who has kicked off for the last two years, since they announce his name every time he is kicking off.  But maybe I'm just weird like that.

Well, yeah, you´re weird like that and in other ways, but you´re also in the stadium for such announcements. I´m very happy for you.

I also hear them talk about him on TV and radio.  But I'm strange, I guess.

They only announce when the team kicks off. Considering the lack of scoring, the announcement is a very infrequent occurrence and its quite understandable how some of the senior members of the board may tend to forget. B)

Edited by Buller64

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

My money is still on Nadelman. CWT didn't burn a schollie on him for no reason. Kid has to have thunder in that hoof. If he's handling the pressure, my guess is he kicks FGs. Kloss may get KOs but I think we are angling for Nadelamn. No matter what, I suspect we miss Bonani for the 1st half of the season.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Ask and ye shall receive.

Courtesy Tom Zebold of GoUSFBulls.com:

Kicking Situation Update

Fall camp is approaching the midway point for the Bulls and the heat is being turned up when it comes to the battle between redshirt junior Marvin Kloss and freshman Emilio Nadelman for the placekicking spot.

“It’s really tight right now. Each day they’ve been going back and forth,” Taggart said. “One day Kloss is doing really well and the next day Emilio is out there and he’s doing a little better.”

So far the freshman has a slight edge in a competition that’s taken on a different format than past years at USF. Kickers used to work on their own with someone charting progress during practices, but under Taggart's system, Kloss and Nadelman take fewer attempts each day with much more on the line. Each candidate makes four or five kicks each practice while the defenses rushes at them at the end of game-like situations.

Kloss said each kicker has taken about 40 attempts since camp started and he’s made 86 percent while Nadelman is at 88 percent. Kloss noted Taggart likes to spice things up even more at times by leaving it up to the kicker to make a kick that could possibly get the whole team out of additional conditioning drills.

“He likes to see us in a pressurized situation,” Kloss said. “It’s always fun to be out there when there is something on the line.”

Kloss to Handle Kickoffs Again

Kloss has handled kickoff duties the past two seasons for the Bulls and Taggart is excited to see what he can do again this year in the role. Kloss has averaged 64.3 yards in 126 kickoff attempts since redshirting in 2010.

“He has a really strong leg and that’s going to be beneficial for us throughout the season,” Taggart said.

Ding. I'm really glad to hear that they are performing at that level though. This is gonna be a who wins, not a who are we left with, situation.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Good quotes, Brad, thanks. I love what CWT is doing with making it a game-like situation, it sounds brilliant--hope it pays off!

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Lol... putting the kickers in situations where if they miss the rest of team has to do extra conditioning drills... I like that. 

Job is Kloss' to lose. He's had kickoff job two years, now on scholarship. But like anything else, has to win it in camp. Talked to him in Vero, will try to post something in next day or two ...

Still on that same page?

Edited by Bullwinkle