• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Big East Blog Disappears

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but out of curiosity I've been watching ESPN to see if and when they'd add The American to their bloglist.  As it turns out, there is no American OR Big East.  We appear to be relegated to the CFB Nation catch all blog.  The old Big East blog isn't linked from the main page anymore.  Booo...

As embarassing as that is, the real sting is the fact that we'll be back with Brian Bennett ragging on USF... 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but out of curiosity I've been watching ESPN to see if and when they'd add The American to their bloglist. As it turns out, there is no American OR Big East. We appear to be relegated to the CFB Nation catch all blog. The old Big East blog isn't linked from the main page anymore. Booo...

As embarassing as that is, the real sting is the fact that we'll be back with Brian Bennett ragging on USF...

Bennett's ragging is still a better read than anything AA has ever written.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but out of curiosity I've been watching ESPN to see if and when they'd add The American to their bloglist. As it turns out, there is no American OR Big East. We appear to be relegated to the CFB Nation catch all blog. The old Big East blog isn't linked from the main page anymore. Booo...

Bennett's ragging is still a better read than anything AA has ever written.

Yeah, I don't know.  I have hated Bennet for years.  I was glad to see him move on from the Big East but you're right that AA isn't much better. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but out of curiosity I've been watching ESPN to see if and when they'd add The American to their bloglist.  As it turns out, there is no American OR Big East.  We appear to be relegated to the CFB Nation catch all blog.  The old Big East blog isn't linked from the main page anymore.  Booo...

Yes its been mentioned before. Don't know on which thread, might even be one named something along the lines of AAC no longer on ESPN

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Blog is there but there is not a direct link to it on the main page. U have to click on another blog first then look up top for the AAC link. Blog does not have a designated blogger though.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

ESPN added a blog for the American recently -- if you go to their college football page, then click on "blog" -- it's the first link, as "AAC" ... I don't think they'll have a blogger on the league full-time, just a page where they can put stories that reference teams from the league. Bennett has covered Big Ten since he left the Big East beat, so not sure why he'd be involved ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/aac

Edited by Greg Auman

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3