• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stanley Clerveaux, WR North Miami HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

This is a good looking prospect with very impressive body control and even more impressive ball skills. I would say that probably the thing drawing him back from being recruited more heavily would be speed, but even that is a little confusing. ESPN is very conservative in their speed estimates and they have him at 4.59 which is actually not bad considering how conservative they are. For example, they have a 4.72 for 4-Star recruit Ryeshene Bronson who has been recruited by just about every top 10 or 15 program in the country. The RB I talked about a lot before Robert Davis who broke the NUC record for best 40 time I believe only had a 4.59 according to ESPN.

But I doubt he's ever going to crack below the 4.50 mark and that 4.59 may be accurate whereas the other ESPN 40's are clearly inaccurate. I think Ryeshene is probably faster.

But Clerveaux's hands and ability to catch in traffic look more polished to me than Bronson's, as a comparison. This is a prospect I'd be quite happy claiming that my school is his current #1.

Getting caught up in level of cometition can IMO be a mistake. You've got to look at core skills. When you're out on the route and the football is in the air it doesn't matter who you're running against. You're not competing with them. You're competing with the football. You either have the core skills, the body control, the balance, the explosiveness, the ball concentration, etc to go up and get that football and then plant and drive off the catch for some run after catch, or you don't have that ability. You've got a body draped on you and that makes every receiver uncomfortable and it doesn't particularly matter who it is that is draped on you, you either maintain focus on the football and catch it, or you don't. You've got hands in our face and going up for the football, doesn't matter whose hands they are, they could be disembodied hands, you either pluck it away from the or you don't.

I like him Wish he had beter RAC sklls hough.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

That's what I meant about competition CK, if there is no one guarding you then the catch is really unimpressive but you catch a jump ball with two guys sitting on top of you that will impress me. Not about who the teams or actual people are but the talent that's on the field trying to oppose him from making a catch is a great way to see how the players handle pressure.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Going up against some real good programs for this kid /sarcasm

No offense to him but these are players we should be going after later in the cycle. I mean this kid has an FCS team in his top 5

No offense to you but I'll rely on our coaches' opinions as to when we should go after a player ...

Amen Brother

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coming in for SNL. Wonder if he's bringing a commitment with him. Would be great to strike deep in UM territory again. Besides I like this kids athleticism and size. Hope he's been reading the news. USF needs WR's!!!

Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What's SNL?

Only SNL I know is Saturday Night Live...

I found this video very instructive on Stanley Clerveaux. I think he might be my favorite wide receiver amongst the guys that have been brought up here on the board.

That video seems to be showing stuff from the same venue as this one, same matchup...

This is also one hell of a play, and the hands in traffic that he shows on it are not IMO a coincidence as you see it in his high school tape.

Edited by ckparrothead

What's SNL?

Only SNL I know is Saturday Night Live...

Saturday Night Lights tonight at Ray Jay. Invite only I believe. Lot of our commits will be here. Not sure if the ones who are at IMG will be able to go but I know some are coming for moral support(and maybe to help recruit).

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Thx!

Hope we get some video of it somehow!

I am confused about the SNL thing tonight. Isn't the IMG 7-on-7 National Championship this weekend? If so then Chase Litton will be quarterbacking the defending National Champions Team Tampa at that, I don't think he'll be available for SNL.