• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your all-time USF Athletics milestones & achievements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The above, plus...

Sitting next to Charlie Bradley in Sociology class

I was in class with Charlie, Cuda, Curtis Kitchen, and Doug Wallace. History of Black Music...

Cool. I had him either Fall 82 or Spring 83 (graduated 86). You?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

The night after we beat Clemson in NC..the stadium was 80% purple and orange....it was new years eve and i proposed to my now wife on a New Years Eve boat on Lake Norman. I will always remember that win...

Next, i would have to say that Nevada game...i went from being so mad and breaking a plate after they were gashing us every play...to running outside my condo yelling at the top of my lungs! This beat out the Fsu and ND game because it was such a OMG moment

Third, i would have to put the week of beating UCFs butt and then being ranked #2. I thought we would win the title and so did my friends. Such a huge year in 07

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

2007 was a trip. Such a high. I remember the watch party when we lost to Rutgers, about 30 people. One girl was crying. It was tragic.

My best memories are beating WVU and FSU.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I've gotta say, the past two years for most sports (except football) should be noteworthy. 

1) Basketball made the tourney, made noise. Then had a disappointing season that still yielded the best recruit class to date (so promise for the future)

2) Soccer made the Elite 8 last year and got to the 2nd round of the tournament this year. They were ranked at #1 for a short time this year as well. Which is pretty cool. 

3) Women's Basketball made some noise in the tourney this year.

4) Softball team got into the CWWS last season, and this season remains to be seen, but they're doing a good job setting themselves up to potentially go back.

5) Baseball team is doing pretty well in the Big East, and is inching towards a potential shot at the post season. Last season they inched up to the Big East championship game, I feel like that's worth something.

6) Golf just won the Big East title!

That's where my sport knowledge begins to grow thin, but IIRC sailing & T&F have been doing well? 

Hell, two seasons ago, we witnessed the ND upset. That's worth noting.

--------------

As for actual milestones, I think each time a team has gone deep into their season (tournament births, winning a game or two, proving they belonged in the conversation) should be considered an all-time achievement. Sure, men's soccer doesn't pick up the bucks and popularity like football does, but not many schools can say they have such a bad ass team.

For football's sake, beating teams like Auburn at Auburn, FSU at FSU, and ND at ND should be remembered. Winning games against established programs in their house, when we're just now getting into the pubescent stage of our football program (and were mere toddlers and pre-pubescent kids back then)  is worth something.  But, I want the program (and it will, not too long from now methinks) to get to where we can take this kinda stuff off the resume.

Yeah, its cool to get excited about, but think about the Alabamas and Texas' of the NCAA, who play programs like these all the time. "we beat auburn at auburn in 2007!" "Yeah, well we beat them once a year.."  Ya know? 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

The above, plus...

Sitting next to Charlie Bradley in Sociology class

I was in class with Charlie, Cuda, Curtis Kitchen, and Doug Wallace. History of Black Music...

Cool. I had him either Fall 82 or Spring 83 (graduated 86). You?

It was Fall of 84. I can't even begin to tell the amount of ***** they used to do. Seems like every other day half the hoops team was at our fraternity house and were high as kites.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Cue the Bunkers!!