• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics' Golden Age, ahead or in the past?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Curious, do most of you Bulls think that the best days of USF athletics are ahead or behind us?

what a great topic

i was there in 74  when there was only basketball off  campus,baseball and other irrelevant sports so usf has come along way

if usf doesnt get in the big 5 then yes the best days are behind us

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Its ahead hopefully... if not then I would not really call our implosion after hitting #2 a few years back, and our inability to win one single Big East Championship anything but a golden area.

I believe we're witnessing the development of it.

All I'm saying is I believe Coach T is doing big big things, the recruting class for basketball is fantastic, women's basketball should see a nice boost in recruiting because of the tourney run, the softball team is still relevant, the baseball team is playing better, and the soccer teams are as they've always been.

I believe as USF continues to expand and improve its facilities, we will continue to go into a new age of success.

coach t could be the best  coach in the world but his platform is in minor leagues(aac)

usf will be getting players comparable with cusa  teams not the big 5

very sad

Ahead.

We have had decade long droughts between NCAA tournament appearances and we were allowed to swim in the deep end of the football pool for a few minutes during our seventeen year history. If one were to just play with some stats, you can see that our football program - no matter how much we love it and have a tendency to over inflate its success - has been an average program. I consider the past two years to be as much of a fluke as was the #2 ranking. While we may be less than exuberant over the AAC, perhaps it's the strong medicine that is necessary at this point in time. We're not done growing yet. 

honest assessment

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

maybe it's me, but this is like asking a 5 year old if their best years are behind them :2cents: