• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tradition vote on blackboard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Agree Joe, We as fans need to take ownership and show up. Show up on time , dont let our tickets go unused( donate them or give them away if you cant attend). 

I was pissed off this season during the last game of the year (senior night) and saw the few and I use the word "few" losely, thousand fans there to honor these players who gave their sweat, tears, and hours to USF, Our fans couldnt be bothered to show up to thank them for their hard work and dedication. 

So before we start bashing the AD office or marketing, we need to start with each other,   TIME TO SHOW UP PEOPLE!!!!!! 

The guys with the paper bags over their heads showed up! :)

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Agree Joe, We as fans need to take ownership and show up. Show up on time , dont let our tickets go unused( donate them or give them away if you cant attend). 

I was pissed off this season during the last game of the year (senior night) and saw the few and I use the word "few" losely, thousand fans there to honor these players who gave their sweat, tears, and hours to USF, Our fans couldnt be bothered to show up to thank them for their hard work and dedication. 

So before we start bashing the AD office or marketing, we need to start with each other,   TIME TO SHOW UP PEOPLE!!!!!! 

Amen!

We need to step it up or we will always be considered 2nd rate.  Look at ECU, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu-UEEuojWkB

These fans actually show up and support their school.

Because they have absolutely nothing else to do but live vicariously through their crappy team. 

Edited by Mission9

Amen!

Truth be told, the ones I saw in the south end zone were pulling hard for our guys.  After yet another devastating setback near halftime, a lot of them looked demoralized.  I made sure to walk over and try to get them pumped up again as they were the only thing fun about that night after the game began. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Talking about before the game when the Players came onto the field to get their Jersey.  There were a few thousand people in the stadium at best.  Was sad.  Our players deserve better,  they deserve the support WIN or Lose.  

We have a WEAK FAN base and thats a a fact,   Yes the program is relatively young but its sad.  Had it not been for Miami and FSU fans the last cpl of seasons we would had been looking at horrible attendance.  I also had a  FIRE Skippy Sign by the end of the game, But was there to cheer on the players as they were honored before the game started.

Our FAN's  (EVERYONE, Me included) needs to show up, support the team no matter what. Not sure how some on here can attend class sitting next to some of the players and look at them in the face , than not come out and support them on Sat nights.

BTW love how some justify our poor support by making fun of other teams fan bases.  Whatever you need to do to justify it I suppose.

Edited by Dhambuc

Talking about before the game when the Players came onto the field to get their Jersey.  There were a few thousand people in the stadium at best.  Was sad.  Our players deserve better,  they deserve the support WIN or Lose.  

We have a WEAK FAN base and thats a a fact,   Yes the program is relatively young but its sad.  Had it not been for Miami and FSU fans the last cpl of seasons we would had been looking at horrible attendance.  I also had a  FIRE Skippy Sign by the end of the game, But was there to cheer on the players as they were honored before the game started.

Our FAN's  (EVERYONE, Me included) needs to show up, support the team no matter what. Not sure how some on here can attend class sitting next to some of the players and look at them in the face , than not come out and support them on Sat nights.

BTW love how some justify our poor support by making fun of other teams fan bases.  Whatever you need to do to justify it I suppose.

I don't think you realize how much that fanbase hates us like poison.  Don't ever see me comment about anyone else but UCF do you?  Score..

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I call BS on anyone who says students have not cared. Maybe you current turds don't but we cared from 2005-2008 when I was there. We PACKED that student section. Why? Because we WON GAMES.

Win games and ppl will want to come watch you play.

Sounds like you "cared" back then because they won yet you're calling the current students "turds" for not "caring" even though we were losing ... Am I missing something here?

Winning was a bonus, for me anyway. I went because I loved college football and my previous university had no team. In 2005 I didn't expect us to do anything, I just wanted to go to the games with all my friends and go wild. It just so happened we started playing well and students started paying more attention when we won. By 2007 it was just wild...everyone was into it. Taking the bull runner was kind of a pain..and driving yourself sucks even more, but it was worth it for me because I knew what it was like to have NO team to cheer for. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I call BS on anyone who says students have not cared. Maybe you current turds don't but we cared from 2005-2008 when I was there. We PACKED that student section. Why? Because we WON GAMES.

Win games and ppl will want to come watch you play.

Sounds like you "cared" back then because they won yet you're calling the current students "turds" for not "caring" even though we were losing ... Am I missing something here?

Winning was a bonus, for me anyway. I went because I loved college football and my previous university had no team. In 2005 I didn't expect us to do anything, I just wanted to go to the games with all my friends and go wild. It just so happened we started playing well and students started paying more attention when we won. By 2007 it was just wild...everyone was into it. Taking the bull runner was kind of a pain..and driving yourself sucks even more, but it was worth it for me because I knew what it was like to have NO team to cheer for. 

That sounds a lot better but you do understand why I got the perception I did, based on the way you worded it up there (in red) ,,,

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

We need to step it up or we will always be considered 2nd rate.  Look at ECU, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu-UEEuojWkB

These fans actually show up and support their school.

Because they have absolutely nothing else to do but live vicariously through their crappy team. 

Right ... and wearing bags over your head isn't a sign of living vicariously through your team.  :rolleyes:

And it's pretty understandable why ECU fans would have resentment towards us. They had a a lot better college football pedigree than we did when we got the BE invite ...