• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JC PF Dominique Elliott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Well this is the fall back plan so let's throw him a thread to track his recruitment. BTW he wants plenty of playing time wherever he goes. He requested and got his release from OU because he realize the playing wasn't going to be there. OU didn't mind obliging.

North Texas is still in the hunt for Dominique Elliott...http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/04/tuesday-morning-hoops-notes-recruiting-update-thoughts-on-departures.html/

It's between North Texas, USF, Southern Miss, and Washington St. Although Memphis is trying to secure that last visit because they need a bigger body guy. UNT fans believe they offer Elliott the best opportunity to get the best amount of minutes over the other schools.

I'm being honest, I don't see Elliott a match for USF because of what he is looking for. He's going to get limited PT here as well maybe about what he would have at OU, maybe even less. Elliott have not shown in HS of JC to be a talented offensive player. He's a banger which is something USF will plenty plenty of next season. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Well this is the fall back plan so let's throw him a thread to track his recruitment. BTW he wants plenty of playing time wherever he goes.

I really don't care who he is, if a player is actually saying this, you move on ....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If we need the big men, and he can give us solid production....there's no reason he WONT get plenty of playing time. We got DESTROYED on the boards this year, it was sad at times to watch opposing teams get 2 and 3 offensive rebounds on a single possesion. You just lost Henry, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by Hem

If we need the big men, and he can give us solid production....there's no reason he WONT get plenty of playing time. You just lost Henry, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Yes we need a big man, but do you think a guy who has never average double digit points or rebounds in HS or JC is going to get a lot of minutes at USF? He isn't anything like Demetrius Henry whose offensive game, rebounding, and shot blocking is far superior to Elliott's. Unless somebody else pops up, I already have Zach LeDay getting most of the minutes at PF. Rudd will probably play there again, and if Clayton is what he was before the Achilles injury he will play some PF as well. That's three guys right there that can rebound just as good as Elliott but have better offensive skills then him.

If there is a 6-8+ guy out there similar to Fitzpatrick then he would be a much better option because we need offense at the 4, not a guy who strength is that of a potential basketball goon.

Edited by Vega

If we need the big men, and he can give us solid production....there's no reason he WONT get plenty of playing time. We got DESTROYED on the boards this year, it was sad at times to watch opposing teams get 2 and 3 offensive rebounds on a single possesion. You just lost Henry, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

That's not the point, if he will or will not get plenty of playing time or not. I haven't seen a quote from the guy so I don't know exactly what he said, but the way Vega posed it and that's all I have to go by, it appears to be a "me first" attitude ... I'd like to see some "team" comments.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If we need the big men, and he can give us solid production....there's no reason he WONT get plenty of playing time. You just lost Henry, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Yes we need a big man, but do you think a guy who has never average double digit points or rebounds in HS or JC is going to get a lot of minutes at USF? He isn't anything like Demetrius Henry whose offensive game, rebounding, and shot blocking is far superior to Elliott's. Unless somebody else pops up, I already have Zach LeDay getting most of the minutes at PF. Rudd will probably play there again, and if Clayton is what he was before the Achilles injury he will play some PF as well. That's three guys right there that can rebound just as good as Elliott but have better offensive skills then him.

If there is a 6-8+ guy out there similar to Fitzpatrick then he would be a much better option because we need offense at the 4, not a guy who strength is that of a potential basketball goon.

Gotcha...just not sure whos left at this point.

Edited by Hem

That's not the point, if he will or will not get plenty of playing time or not. I haven't seen a quote from the guy so I don't know exactly what he said, but the way Vega posed it and that's all I have to go by, it appears to be a "me first" attitude ... I'd like to see some "team" comments.

Trips I really don't believe Elliott is a me first kind of guy. I just think being a JC player with only two years left to play is the concern for him. One of the reasons why JC players like to wait for the late signing period is so they can better access their situation by seeing what teams are going to have on their roster coming in and who's going out. Elliott made a huge mistake by signing with OU in the early signing period not realizing what the Sooners' roster was going to look like and what players they already had at his position that would step up. He's very fortunate that OU released him from his LOI when they did, giving him plenty of time to find another school without having to rush to a decision. I have no doubt Elliott likes USF, but I also know he looks at the situation here and has to wonder can he beat out an establish PF and talented incoming freshmen for minutes.

Now on the other hand you have Demetrius Henry who has never made any secret about the fact that he's a "Me First" kind of guy. Didn't care about wining, only getting his minutes if winning came with that then so be it.  Actually made some Hurricanes' fans upset when he said he did care about the great season they were having. He just cared about the minutes he need to have at whatever school he would pick. Recently said that he intends to be in college no longer then two years.

Trips I really don't believe Elliott is a me first kind of guy. I just think being a JC player with only two years left to play is the concern for him. One of the reasons why JC players like to wait for the late signing period is so they can better access their situation by seeing what teams are going to have on their roster coming in and who's going out. Elliott made a huge mistake by signing with OU in the early signing period not realizing what the Sooners' roster was going to look like and what players they already had at his position that would step up. He's very fortunate that OU released him from his LOI when they did, giving him plenty of time to find another school without having to rush to a decision. I have no doubt Elliott likes USF, but I also know he looks at the situation here and has to wonder can he beat out an establish PF and talented incoming freshmen for minutes.

Now on the other hand you have Demetrius Henry who has never made any secret about the fact that he's a "Me First" kind of guy. Didn't care about wining, only getting his minutes if winning came with that then so be it.  Actually made some Hurricanes' fans upset when he said he did care about the great season they were having. He just cared about the minutes he need to have at whatever school he would pick. Recently said that he intends to be in college no longer then two years.

Makes sense about Elliot because of the JUCO thing ... Just seeing it worded that way, with no other comments, rubs me the wrong way.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

IF those comments are all true I'm not sure losing out on D Henry is such a bad thing.  waiting to hear where this extra scolly is coming from.  (Heath as a walk on?)

Makes sense about Elliot because of the JUCO thing ... Just seeing it worded that way, with no other comments, rubs me the wrong way.

Funny thing is Corey Allen couldn't wait to commit(he suppose to sign in less then a hour from now) because he is confident in his ability to not only get minutes behind Collin, but possibly start along side of him. Talk more about Allen in his thread after it becomes official with him signing. After the research since his commitment we might have a player on our hands.

IF those comments are all true I'm not sure losing out on D Henry is such a bad thing.  waiting to hear where this extra scolly is coming from.  (Heath as a walk on?)

Henry is not afraid to let people know where he is coming from. I personally asked him that question about what he valued the most. Apparently he doesn't care what people think of him. I still wanted him on USF because while he's putting up those numbers that would be helping the team win because the surrounding talent is so good. Plus if he was unhappy because he got 20-25 minutes instead of 30+, so what, he wasn't going to transfer because he doesn't want to be associated with a college that long anyway.