• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls in need of help for a honeymoon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Bulls,

My fiancée and I are getting married in Savannah on Oct. 26 (same day as the Louisville game, d'oh!).

The following Thursday we play @ Houston.  Since she is as big a Bulls fan as I am, she's given me the green light to look for honeymoon destinations near there so we can go to the game.

If any of you are familiar with the area, can you make any recommendations?  We'd like to be within about a 2-hours drive to Houston, but we usually like vacationing in more scenic, out-of-the-way areas (cabins in the woods of North Georgia and on the Tennessee river have been some of our favorites.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  332

From my experience passing thru or around Houston on our way to Mexico, this is what I see: Desert, Desert, Desert, Houston, Desert, Desert, Desert.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  1,387

La Torretta Lake Resort and Spa or there are some nice cabins and what not in Fredricksburg

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  19

I'd look for a cruise out of Glaveston on Friday or Saturday after the game.

Edited by Mike Stuben

I'll also add that Houston is a huge hub for United, so you can get non-stop flights to lots of places from there.

Southwest also has a lot of options out of Houston, but be careful. Southwest uses a different airport (Hobby) than United (Bush Intercontinental).

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Stuben coming through in the clutch.

Unless you like to look at engineering firms or oil refineries, this is a great idea

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Austin would be my pick, great city with some of the best music venues in the country. Galveston is ok, but you have seen the Gulf. Every kind of music, great restaurants and great romantic walking venues and areas. I'm not that into TX but Austin is special. Young, vibrant and great people. Houston is a pit. Spend as little time there as is possible. 2 1/2 hours drive time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Houston, and most of Texas in general, is NOT what I would personally consider a honeymoon destination. I lived in Austin (great, great city, one of the nicest in the country in my opinion) for about three years and then San Antonio for a year, and the only place I personally would consider out of the parts of Texas I've been to is Padre Island, the south of which has some nice beaches. But it again warrants repeating that this is an individual preference, you may be into things I'm not into.

Houston, and most of Texas in general, is NOT what I would personally consider a honeymoon destination. I lived in Austin (great, great city, one of the nicest in the country in my opinion) for about three years and then San Antonio for a year, and the only place I personally would consider out of the parts of Texas I've been to is Padre Island, the south of which has some nice beaches. But it again warrants repeating that this is an individual preference, you may be into things I'm not into.

I loved visiting San Antonio ... the riverwalk is cool and fun .... but ... with no offense to any loyal Texans ... The Alamo is the most underwhelming major tourist site I can think of...... It's awesome to know the history, but the building itself is so unimpressive.