• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alin Edouard, DTQB, Hialeah HS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Alin Edouard ... Allen Edward ....?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Twitter post  USF stopped by today..

Twitter post ....FSU STOP BY TODAY && SHOWING MAJOR INTEREST

He is getting major interest by many schools  and he is  on the RADAR..

.IMO it's going to be hard to have him change his   Commitment AND GO TO USF.

Go Bulls

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Just thought i'd leave a link with current highlights. My last Youtube link got hijacked by Scout somehow.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah I noticed that. How in the hell did that happen? You post a youtube link and it redirects to scout.com? That's some BS right there.

Think I'm going to have to disagree with the assessment that he's short-arming passes. He has a compact, three-quarters delivery, but that in itself is not usually a concern. In fact, many consider it ideal. Tall body with short arms is traditionally a recipe for a good quarterback. What you mostly worry about with compact deliveries is that the release point can end up too low. That's where you get Vince Young's Uncle Rico throwing style from. It's rare to find a compact delivery with an ideal over the top delivery (Pat Devlin had it). But from what I've seen on tape most often Edouard's release point is hung just over the crown of his helmet or above his eyes at the worst, so I think that's fine. It's a very comfortable delivery.

Short-arming a pass is different from having a compact delivery. It involves the pace you can get on the football and how well you can get it to the perimeters. His video is just a HIGHLIGHT video, so you're not saying any of the bad stuff, but on the highlight video his arm strength looks fine. Better than fine, it looks pretty good. You'll notice a lot of these great passes are pushing the wide receiver to his vertical limit (i.e. hitting him in stride). That's the opposite of short-arming a pass. Additionally you look at a sidelines and perimeter passes such as the following ones, and you see the ball get all the way out to the sideline with some pace on it on the first one, and the second one there's a nice pace as the football crosses what has to be over 30 yards of pure distance from near hash to far number.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB07t5O542U&feature=player_detailpage#t=147s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB07t5O542U&feature=player_detailpage#t=285s

Physically the guy is an animal. The description on his video says he ran in the 4.5's in one of the camps and I believe it. Good looking athlete. Good arm. Nice delivery. The problem is his experience level and you don't know if he can read defenses and consistently make good decisions. Or if he's accurate, for that matter, since you're only looking at highlight tapes which are completions-only.

Here's a potential explanation on why he's wavering:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2013/05/um-dual-threat-qb-commit-alin-edouard-wavering-as-pro-style-qb-brad-kaaya-announces-his-commitment-.html

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just thought i'd leave a link with current highlights. My last Youtube link got hijacked by Scout somehow.

That explains a lot of the pay site mafia stuff ... 

Wow! He reminds me of RGIII

...on highlight reels that don't show incompletions. But his sub-50% completion and 9 TD/9 INT ratio are concerns to me. He's sound mechanically and has a good arm, and obviously he's very athletic. But the production is enough of a red flag that you know you can't make a judgment without seeing what those highlight reels left out.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

^ hasn't he been comitted?  It was just a soft commit though.