• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A cost/benefit analysis of my USF WBB season tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I wanted to share with everyone the benefits I got from my season tickets this past year ... in hopes that it will persuade a few more of you to get them next year.

Cost was $60 per season ticket. We had 15 home games (I made 14 of those games).

Cost of a walk up ticket $7, cost if I bought a walk up ticket for 14 games = $98 (so I'm $38 up instantly) ... but actually I got value from the tickets to the game I missed, so you could easily say the walk up price was $105.

Because I am a donor of at least $100 a year, I was able to select my seats in the club section, with access to the club lounge. The Club Seats are also cushioned so they provided me more comfort. The donation can not be seen as an added cost for me, because it wasn't an additional donation, but simply an extra benefit from a donation I had to make for my football and men's basketball seats.

Parking at WBB games is free!

During the year I got 2 t-shirts as promotional give away items (sadly not my size, but I'll either give them to a friend or sell them for a couple bucks each at a garage sale. One game featured free popcorn, I ate 2 tubs.

Now, here is the part that I think most people don't realize - the Muvico/Kanes promotion ran for WBB home games too. Every time the Bulls scored 60 or more points, I could take my ticket stub to Kanes for a free movie ticket. Movie tickets cost about $10 each. We scored 60 or more points at 12 of the 15 home games. I redeemed every one of those tickets, for $120 in free movie tickets (and if you are clever, you can find free popcorn coupons for the same theater.

So far, I saved $45, got better seats (with free parking), 2 t-shirts, $8 in popcorn, $120 in movie tickets all for $60. That seems like a great deal, right?

But I haven't even told you the best thing I got for my $60, that was a front row seat for great games, featuring a great Bulls team, having an incredible year, and that is priceless.

I hope to see a few more of you at the games next season.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree, Womens games are as exciting as the mens if not more if you go by the level of play on the court.  I have men's season tickets (missed 1 game) , attended 4 womens games(bought individually) might buy the season tickets next year. 

Would be nice to pack the place for both Men and Women.  Women had some nice crowds for the UConn , ND games, Not sure about the others.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Agree, Womens games are as exciting as the mens if not more if you go by the level of play on the court.  I have men's season tickets (missed 1 game) , attended 4 womens games(bought individually) might buy the season tickets next year. 

Would be nice to pack the place for both Men and Women.  Women had some nice crowds for the UConn , ND games, Not sure about the others.

Those nice crowds we in a large part due to fans of UConn and the Irish...which puts dollars in the AD's pockets.

Many UConn fans are Bulls WBB season ticket  holders/donors who attend most if not all of our games and root for the Bulls.  To them  I say thanks for your support.

Edited by mviusa

I'm breaking a major rule here, but I am bumping this back to the first page, because now would be a great time for a few more Bulls to decide to get tickets next year.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm breaking a major rule here, but I am bumping this back to the first page, because now would be a great time for a few more Bulls to decide to get tickets next year.

Rules? We don' need no steenkin' rules!!!!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

dont you also get more priority points on your account for buying more season tickets to other sporting events as well?  this would help IF we ever get any kind of major demand event.

dont you also get more priority points on your account for buying more season tickets to other sporting events as well?  this would help IF we ever get any kind of major demand event.

Yes, in two ways .. (and that's a great point I forgot to mention).

You get 1 point for every season ticket you buy (so I got 3 points this way, since I bought 3 season tickets).

and

You get 0.1 points every time a ticket is scanned into the building (this applies to football, MBB and WBB). So that is aproximately another 4.5 points.

So, 7.5 priority points from those season tickets.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

I guess seeing who has the best fundamentals, and who can make the most mid range jump shots in 40 minutes is fascinating to you.  Woman athletics recieve 35 percent of NCAA funding on average, and in some cases equal funding in select athletic programs.  To me this is a joke and wouldn't hold up in a free market.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I guess seeing who has the best fundamentals, and who can make the most mid range jump shots in 40 minutes is fascinating to you.  Woman athletics recieve 35 percent of NCAA funding on average, and in some cases equal funding in select athletic programs.  To me this is a joke and wouldn't hold up in a free market.  

Unlike Stan Heath basketball, USF women's basketball is very entertaining.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Unlike Stan Heath basketball, USF women's basketball is very entertaining.

I really enjoyed what little I got to see of it this year.