• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Our Strength of Schedule was #28.

FGCU's SOS was #211.

So you think we could beat them three out of five?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

FGCU's SOS was #211.

Of course.  Do you think we'd have lost to Stetson?

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

It's clear to anyone who has watched a basketball game before in their life that fgcu has way more talent on its team and is a lot better coached, especially on offense.

The spread the defense around with good passing and then attack when a crack opens up. We do the pass around until 5 seconds on the shot clock and force up a terrible shot.

I would think I was crazy I say this before this season started but I would that small white pg over Collins anyway.

Ft Myers is dunk city. Amazing

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

FGCU's SOS was #211.

Of course. Do you think we'd have lost to Stetson?

We were losing with four minutes to go, but pulled away at the end.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

FGCU lost to Libscomb and Stetson in the same week a month ago. It's silly to say they have surpassed USF.

Agreed. It's 2 games. Just made the most of the opportunity. I'm happy for them. Major props but comparing us to them?? Come on

Who do you think we are? A program with lots of NCAA apearances and wins? A national rep?

A program in the Big East vs a program in the A-Sun.  Compare the schedules, who we beat and who we lost to, who they beat and who they lost to.  Then tell me they are ahead.  

There is absolutely no comparison between the two schedules.  Outside of Miami and Duke, the toughest teams they faced all year were Mercer and Kennesaw State and still they lost ten games.  We played 8 games against teams that finished in the Top 25.  Here is a list of some of the teams on their schedule:  Ava Maria, South Carolina UPstate, Samford, Alcorn State.

Are you really going to tell me that we couldn't have won as many or more games against that schedule?  Please.  Every single team we lost to would have destroyed the FGCU schedule.  

They have taken advantage of the system and gone for a fun ride.  

We obviously played a far tougher schedule but they are also obviously much better than us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

It's clear to anyone who has watched a basketball game before in their life that fgcu has way more talent on its team and is a lot better coached, especially on offense.

The spread the defense around with good passing and then attack when a crack opens up. We do the pass around until 5 seconds on the shot clock and force up a terrible shot.

I would think I was crazy I say this before this season started but I would that small white pg over Collins anyway.

But Tampa is drunk city.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Lipscomb must have one of helluva team then. What region are they playing in?

FGCU lost to Libscomb and Stetson in the same week a month ago. It's silly to say they have surpassed USF.

Agreed. It's 2 games. Just made the most of the opportunity. I'm happy for them. Major props but comparing us to them?? Come on

Who do you think we are? A program with lots of NCAA apearances and wins? A national rep?

A program in the Big East vs a program in the A-Sun.  Compare the schedules, who we beat and who we lost to, who they beat and who they lost to.  Then tell me they are ahead.  

There is absolutely no comparison between the two schedules.  Outside of Miami and Duke, the toughest teams they faced all year were Mercer and Kennesaw State and still they lost ten games.  We played 8 games against teams that finished in the Top 25.  Here is a list of some of the teams on their schedule:  Ava Maria, South Carolina UPstate, Samford, Alcorn State.

Are you really going to tell me that we couldn't have won as many or more games against that schedule?  Please.  Every single team we lost to would have destroyed the FGCU schedule.  

They have taken advantage of the system and gone for a fun ride.  

We obviously played a far tougher schedule but they are also obviously much better than us.

We will clearly have to agree to disagree.  Look at the schedules, there is no way they are better than us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Come on, it's the era of entitlement.

:facepalm:

FGCU's SOS was #211.

Of course. Do you think we'd have lost to Stetson?

We were losing with four minutes to go, but pulled away at the end.

See.