• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

how does fgcc do it?

with so little money

how does usf get out recruited by them

Yea its baffling, and IMO embarrassing for us.

Seriously?  I'm going to have to take another break from these boards.

I can't believe the thought process on these boards sometimes.  FGCU played in the A-Sun, USF played in the Big East.  This USF team easily wins 25-30 games in the A-Sun.  FGCU has done a great job with what they have.  They are fun and entertaining.  To say they have surpassed USF is laughable.  They have a nice, little arena.  Doesn't remotely compare to the Sun Dome.  They have some nice basketball players that don't compare to USF players.

Did we forget that USF also beat Georgetown?

Can we get a bit of perspective?

My perspective is that FGCU has advanced to the Sweet 16, something we have never done. Furthermore, even if they lose this weekend, they will almost surely finish the season ranked in the final AP or Coaches top 25 poll. Do you know how many weeks we have spent in either poll? I am not 100% sure but i believe the answer is zero. That's right, in 50 years of playing basketball, USF has never spend a single week in either major poll. So while it would be silly to say that FGCU has "surpassed" Georgetown, a team with a long pedigree of success, based on just one year's results, it is not silly to say the same versus us.

FGCU is breathing basketball air that we have never sniffed before. That means they are ahead of us right now. They might not be ahead of us next year, but as of right now, they not only compare to us, they have surpassed us, and I do find that somewhat embarrassing.  It will also make recruiting more difficult for us, as our recruiting territories surely overlap to a significant degree.

If i were an official in our AD, i would be seriously asking my basketball coach and his staff how FGCU has managed to steal thunder right from under our noses, and what they plan to do about it. Sorry, but that is my take.

Edited by BatonRougeBull87
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

FGCU lost to Libscomb and Stetson in the same week a month ago.  It's silly to say they have surpassed USF.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

FGCU lost to Libscomb and Stetson in the same week a month ago. It's silly to say they have surpassed USF.

Agreed. It's 2 games. Just made the most of the opportunity. I'm happy for them. Major props but comparing us to them?? Come on

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

FGCU lost to Libscomb and Stetson in the same week a month ago. It's silly to say they have surpassed USF.

Agreed. It's 2 games. Just made the most of the opportunity. I'm happy for them. Major props but comparing us to them?? Come on

Who do you think we are? A program with lots of NCAA apearances and wins? A national rep?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

FGCU lost to Libscomb and Stetson in the same week a month ago.  It's silly to say they have surpassed USF.  

They lost to Lipscomb TWICE and were lucky they didn't have to face them in their conference tourney or they wouldn't have even had a chance to wear the slipper. It's a great MM story but to think there should be questions thrown at anybody at USF iabout it s ******* ridiculous

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Come on, it's the era of entitlement.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Who do you think we are? A program with lots of NCAA apearances and wins? A national rep?

A program in the Big East vs a program in the A-Sun.  Compare the schedules, who we beat and who we lost to, who they beat and who they lost to.  Then tell me they are ahead.  

There is absolutely no comparison between the two schedules.  Outside of Miami and Duke, the toughest teams they faced all year were Mercer and Kennesaw State and still they lost ten games.  We played 8 games against teams that finished in the Top 25.  Here is a list of some of the teams on their schedule:  Ava Maria, South Carolina UPstate, Samford, Alcorn State.

Are you really going to tell me that we couldn't have won as many or more games against that schedule?  Please.  Every single team we lost to would have destroyed the FGCU schedule.  

They have taken advantage of the system and gone for a fun ride.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Are you mocking Ava Maria?