• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Less Money than Expected

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

bottom line- if USF puts together the type of success we had in the mid 2000s  and then takes it to the next level- we will be in the expansion talk again.

its what have you done for me lately and right now we are nothing more than a mid-major with a small fanbase

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

What you've done for me lately? Absolutely not.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

Group B means the networks don't think we are as valuable as the group A schools. No other way to spin it. :(

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I think you're all reading into it a bit much.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

+1010101002907810810829048209890144123441

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

ESPN/NBC literally put the most important schools in a group in writing and you're still in denial. What will it take to make some of you not so biased? It's a punch to the gut, but I'm not going to ignore it and spin it every way possible to make myself feel better.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

ESPN/NBC literally put the most important schools in a group in writing and you're still in denial. What will it take to make some of you not so biased? It's a punch to the gut, but I'm not going to ignore it and spin it every way possible to make myself feel better.

In YOUR opinion that's what those groups meant to NBC. NBC is not the end all be all of University worth and quality. Unless you were there when the contract was being written up, you have no idea.

@usfvoodoo5 ESPN matched NBC's contract exactly. NBC owns Comcast. Comcast has regional sports channels in Philly and Houston. Thus UH and Temple are A

Comcast does not exist in the Tampa market, at all. ESPN could not negotiate terms or change verbage in the contract, it was an "accept or pass" option.

Edited by Hem

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

In YOUR opinion that's what those groups meant to NBC. NBC is not the end all be all of University worth and quality. Unless you were there when the contract was being written up, you have no idea.

@usfvoodoo5 ESPN matched NBC's contract exactly. NBC owns Comcast. Comcast has regional sports channels in Philly and Houston. Thus UH and Temple are A

Comcast does not exist in the Tampa market, at all. ESPN could not negotiate terms or change verbage in the contract, it was an "accept or pass" option.

Plus, the Houston and Philly markets are larger than ours. You've got 2 in group A due to brand naming, based on history and 2 due to TV market. Neither reasons of which anybody at USF can do a thing about.

Group B designation obviously means the networks regard us as less valuable than the Group A teams.

Sometimes, statements are open to alternative interpretations. This is not one of them.

Plus, the Houston and Philly markets are larger than ours. You've got 2 in group A due to brand naming, based on history and 2 due to TV market. Neither reasons of which anybody at USF can do a thing about.

I doubt Houston and Temple were put in group A because of market size, as neithwr of those schools comes close to owning its market. Like cincy and ucon, they were singled out for being bigger brand names than us. Temple is a second tier basketball brand while Houston is semi-known in both football and basketball.

Both are clearly better known athletic programs than us.