• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scramble at QB remains wide open

Guest S.  Bien
Curious, how's this plan?

We go with both Grothe and Hill (if the current scramble gets nowhere by fall).

Grothe would start, and Hill would come in as an option QB, much like Fisher but more punch.

Have you seen Hill run? The boy is fast!

For accuracy, I think we'd want Grothe, but Hill can get us that speed at QB that we've never had.

That's what I've been hoping for, and then we slowly move Hill into a role much like Michael Bush or Reggie Bush as a slot man, H-Back, RB that's the do-all offensive threat for Matt.  He and Matt could collectively carry us to greatness, Matt throwing it, and Hill doing everything else.

We shall see, but both Matt and Carlton are exceptional athletes and players.  It will be good one way or another.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

We shall see, but both Matt and Carlton are exceptional athletes and players.  It will be good one way or another.

I agree. Let's watch these kids play and may the best player win.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

I still don't see either beating Denson out by the Penn State game.  That is a huge venue to ask a freshman to play his first collegiate game in.  Especially when you only have a few weeks to practice with the team before a game like that.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

The bathrooms or the girls?

It should go without saying what I meant but...both  ::).

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

I still don't see either beating Denson out by the Penn State game.  That is a huge venue to ask a freshman to play his first collegiate game in.  Especially when you only have a few weeks to practice with the team before a game like that.  

Well if you use that as a comparision you must remmember Denson has never played QB at this level so I would say either way you have a newbie! but as I have said let the best man win, if it takes time for Matt to get in than so be it I trust the judgement of the coaches to put Matt in when he is ready...if thats Penn than so be it, if not then, after the Miami game LOL JK  

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

But Denson is older, and has been learning our system for over a year now.  He has actually had 2 years of college football learning experience.  He was at Auburn for 1 year learning thier system and walking the sidelines as well.