• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well, there goes the Belk Bowl

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Hey Cousin, no reason to get all more holier Bull than thou on me, lol. I always support USF, I was just explaining that if things like recruiting top talent depend on TV money we are in trouble.

I was just trying to point out that they don't depend on TV money.  I felt that the 3 points made by the poster were valid IMO and why I thought so.  Not trying to be holier than thou.  Apologize if it came out that way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

Hey Cousin, no reason to get all more holier Bull than thou on me, lol. I always support USF, I was just explaining that if things like recruiting top talent depend on TV money we are in trouble.

I was just trying to point out that they don't depend on TV money. I felt that the 3 points made by the poster were valid IMO and why I thought so. Not trying to be holier than thou. Apologize if it came out that way.

No problem. Sadly, I do not think it a coincidence that the schools that consistently do get the top recruits and win the most games, get donors to cough up big bucks, and put the fans in the seats also have the big TV money.

Edited by BatonRougeBull87

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's a step-by-step process. Get the recruits, win the games, butts in seats, donors in the house.

Rinse, repeat.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

I was just trying to point out that they don't depend on TV money. I felt that the 3 points made by the poster were valid IMO and why I thought so. Not trying to be holier than thou. Apologize if it came out that way.

No problem. Sadly, I do not think it a coincidence that the schools that consistently do get the top recruits and win the most games, get donors to cough up big bucks, and put the fans in the seats also have the big TV money.

There is no doubt that the better programs get more money from their donors.  And more money will allow a larger recruiting budget.  But there are a ton of programs that haven't won a Nat'l Championship that still draw big donors.  USF needs time to have people that graduated with football (last 15 years) to establish themselves and become successful in life.  There are probably a bunch of USF grads from the 80's that are UF, FSU or Miami fans since we had no football.  This will all take time.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

There is no doubt that the better programs get more money from their donors.  And more money will allow a larger recruiting budget.  But there are a ton of programs that haven't won a Nat'l Championship that still draw big donors.  USF needs time to have people that graduated with football (last 15 years) to establish themselves and become successful in life.  There are probably a bunch of USF grads from the 80's that are UF, FSU or Miami fans since we had no football.  This will all take time.

Yep, it sure will. Let's just keep plugging away. If there is one short-cut to on the field success it would be landing a great coach before anyone else knows he's great, a budding Bowden or Saban, a guy who can make lemonade out of lemons, so to speak.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

It's a step-by-step process. Get the recruits, win the games, butts in seats, donors in the house.

Rinse, repeat.

I just hope the fans realise how much time the cycle takes...and not expect results yesterday...

A consultant once said if you put 9 men on a woman it still takes 9 months for her to have a baby... :blush:

Rinse, repeat.

I just hope the fans realise how much time the cycle takes...and not expect results yesterday...

A consultant once said if you put 9 men on a woman it still takes 9 months for her to have a baby... :blush:

That's a great project management joke, oldy but a goody.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

We are the America BS conference what do you expect

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Rinse, repeat.

That may be the most disturbing analogy of all-time.

Obviously you have never worked as an Industrial engineer..production planning.. :slapmax:

Rinse, repeat.

That may be the most disturbing analogy of all-time.

Obviously you have never worked as an Industrial engineer..production planning.. :slapmax:

The way I originally heard it was that "No matter how hard they try, 9 women can't make a baby in one month." Emphasizing the fact that simply throwing more people at a problem won't necessarily fix it.