• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets show support for the Lady Bulls BB team tomorrow.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Do we actually have a winning sports program at USF? Doug Woolard is obviously clueless. How much longer to we have to put up with his stupidity? We are paying half of CSH's total income while he roots around at some no name school in La. Would it take anything more than that to indict our entire sports program?

Soccer gets into the tournament on a yearly basis; I'd consider that a winning sports program. I think our Underwater Basket Weaving team is pretty good as well...

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

Not as an excuse for the students, but it is the middle of midterms. Still, it was a shame the lack of attendance.

Also, big fail by marketing whoever got the flashing glasses in white and blue the day we play UConn. Nothing says we support USF than having the band wear the other schools' colors.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Game was brutal, UConn is the real deal. Our Lady Bulls should be proud though, they have had a wonderful season and still have a post season to play(BE tournament, NCAA/NIT tournament) They can do some damage with the right pairings.

Sad thing about today was the LACK OF STUDENTS!!!!! You could count them on your hands, I kid you you not, The 1st 2 levels of the dome were filled (mostly UConn Fans) The student section had about 20-30 people and the band, Patheic, We have over 40,000 students and only 20 show up for a game vs #3 in the country, Way to send your classmates off and to thank them for 4 years of sweat and fight.

While it sucks, and isn't acceptable, it's women's basketball. It's like that at schools that have success.
I doubt you've ever been to a UConn WBB home game.

Even UConn struggles to attract students to their games. Geno had a freaking spaz fit about it on senior day a few years ago.

It's not an excuse. It's just the reality.

For a guy who claimed -  "I have zero interest in women's basketball, even if we were playing for the National Championship" - you sure seem to know a lot about it.

Geno is a clown who thinks the the world revolves around him!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Game was brutal, UConn is the real deal. Our Lady Bulls should be proud though, they have had a wonderful season and still have a post season to play(BE tournament, NCAA/NIT tournament) They can do some damage with the right pairings.

Sad thing about today was the LACK OF STUDENTS!!!!! You could count them on your hands, I kid you you not, The 1st 2 levels of the dome were filled (mostly UConn Fans) The student section had about 20-30 people and the band, Patheic, We have over 40,000 students and only 20 show up for a game vs #3 in the country, Way to send your classmates off and to thank them for 4 years of sweat and fight.

While it sucks, and isn't acceptable, it's women's basketball. It's like that at schools that have success.
Even UConn struggles to attract students to their games. Geno had a freaking spaz fit about it on senior day a few years ago.

For a guy who claimed - "I have zero interest in women's basketball, even if we were playing for the National Championship" - you sure seem to know a lot about it.

Work for an athletic department. It's true, I have zero interest in the sport, but that doesn't mean I'm completely in the dark. For a school that can't draw students for a men's basketball game, how can one even be surprised that the women's team can't draw.

For a guy who claimed - "I have zero interest in women's basketball, even if we were playing for the National Championship" - you sure seem to know a lot about it.

Work for an athletic department. It's true, I have zero interest in the sport, but that doesn't mean I'm completely in the dark. For a school that can't draw students for a men's basketball game, how can one even be surprised that the women's team can't draw.

I never said I was surprised about attendance at USF WBB, it is what it is.  Student attendance has historically been extremely low at noon games.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I wouldn't exactly say that UCONN ladies BB struggles to draw home crowds. For about the last 6 years they have averaged about 8200 per game. Probably more than our mens and ladies programs combined.

No reason that a post season bound program shouldn't be able to draw at least a half filled stadium against a top 5 team.

Is there that much going on around town this weekend that it couldn't have been marketed as better?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

There was an announced crowd of over 5,000 for the game,  about 3,500 were UConn Fans, 1,500 USF fans and high school girl students from around the state( they came by the groups), And the 20 or students.  

So over all the attendance was good, unfort it was mostly to see the other team(not the USF STUDENTS).   Thats the patheic part. 

Said it when I picked out my seats for the Mens BB games at my pick a seat date,  that the Student section is too big, just like in football.   If you look at the Dome that is the section that sits empty while the rest is full.   Same thing at Ray Jay, Endone sits empty.

Thing that burns me is I was relocated (not by choice) when the school expanded the Student Section for FB  only to see it sit empty.   I had season tickets in the corner that is now Student section. Im now next to the students.  If the students cant be bothered than take them away and sell them again,   Supply and demand.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

It's women's baketball...unless we win a few national championships don't expect many of the students to care about it.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

so today based on that statement We should see a full student section for the men's game( its senior day)?  What will the excuse be today?

Edited by Dhambuc

so today based on that statement We should see a full student section for the men's game( its senior day)?  What will the excuse be today?

Why does anyone need an excuse for not going to an event?