• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk and Dinger this morning talking about the 'Bama boys and USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1.  I don't want MY university associated with being a haven for criminals that have committed felonies.  Ever.

2.  Student atheletes with this kind of background rarely have the self-discipline to be successful on the field.

#WorstIdeaEver
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Pot. DUI. Whatever is one thing. Beating the **** out of a couple students and taking one's credit card because you're bored is another.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

IMO sounds like a perfect fit for the NFL..They just got started a little early

On a second thought I wonder if they could stand up and refuse a bribe...Alabama???? and loose on purpose???

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'm all for second chances, but only if the guy is truly repentant and wants to change, and even then certainly not at the same level of opportunity as before.

Coach T has enough to deal with that I wouldn't go for any of these 4, but if I wanted to give a young man a second chance it would be as a walk on and not with a scholarship for at least one and possibly two years, coupled with as full as possible restitution for whatever they did, worked out on a time schedule. If they step out of line again they would be gone.

Go Bulls!

In a sense namuh-bull, playing at USF is not the same level of opportunity as before when contrasted to playing Alabama, I say bring the wanna be felons and gang bangers to the program. We'll find out right away if CWT runs camp cupcake like CSH or actually has the ability to relate to young "problematic" adults that are two steps from ending  up six feet under like former USF receiver Rashod Durant.

It's sad when I see so much potential go to waste.  It would take a real come to jesus meeting for me to open up an oportunity.  It reminds me of so many stories about how officials look the other way in HS...

It seems they have not been taught there are rewards and consequences to everyday actions....

Some people responds and there is Daryl Stawberry...

I'm sure Willie has plenty of experience here...

I have turned people around but they have to be willing...then sometimes they are Sociopathic "CONS" tell you wahat they think you want to hear...

Go Bulls

PS..Great reading People of the Lie...believe it was written by Peck

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe there are enough athletes that we can recruit that are scholars as well, but if you want to WIN and WIN NOW you'd be silly not to take a look at Calloway at least. I'd never be for trying to grab all 4 of them because they seem like they get into trouble together. These kids were the top HS players in the country who are currently Freshman or Redshirt Freshman. When you get a group of kids together and one or two of them are bad seeds, some of these kids go along with it due to peer pressure. We couldn't sniff talent like this otherwise.

This wasn't something that can be dismissed with "oh, peer pressure."  They beat some poor kid within an inch of his life to rob him.  When you do that, YOU are the bad seed.

No. THEY didn't, Hayes and Williams did and admitted as such. Pettaway claims that he was not involved and Calloway admitted to using one of the stolen cards for a vending machine purchase, neither particpated in the battery. I'm not saying these are good kids, I am saying 2 of them are being charged with felonies and the other 2 currently are not. Not everyone grows up in the suburbs with white picket fences surrounding them. I am also saying these kids are top talent in the country. Would I take a chance on Calloway and or Pettaway? Maybe. Hayes and Williams are the bad seeds. In the end it's a shame when kids like this get mixed up with the wrong types of people, which I am sure happened well before coming to Alabama.

Also many people grow up in slums, trailer parks, ghetto's government assisted living and don't perform those actions.  Where you grew up is not an acceptable argument for battery.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Obviously you've never taken courses in the psychoanalysis of criminal behavior or have had much to do with law enforcement and/or investigations.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Obviously you've never taken courses in the psychoanalysis of criminal behavior or have had much to do with law enforcement and/or investigations.

currently sitting in a criminal law class discussing this topic, while it may be used an explanation it is not a defense in and of itself.  I will accept that you may be more likely to go that route, I am merely saying that regardless it is not a reason to allow someone to rob another person.

I grew up in a rough area, I am going to rob this person who has something I want.  To me that is not a justifiable excuse.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I've grown up in a tough environment too, but I don't beat up random people for gain. I work hard and push myself for it.

I'd be okay with taking one potentially as a science experiment. See how he does, how he responds to the second chance. If he was in no way humbled, I'd drop him right away.