• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ruger and little Ruger could use some help/tips for Saturday morning...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Taking the family down to USF this weekend as my cousin is getting married and on the way we just found out my grandfather had a massive stroke and we won't be able to see him until Sunday after the wedding in which my son and daughter are in.  I was hoping that Saturday morning before the wedding to take him to USF for his first trip (he's 9 and a left handed travel ball baseball player) to let him see the baseball facilities so he has something positive to remember about this weekend as Sunday is likely to be very rough.  

Anyone got any info on how we could possibly get to see the baseball facilities and if possible introduce him to a few players, see a practice or something if it's early in the morning?

We'll be traveling tomorrow on our way down from Panama City (we're from Mobile and chopped off some of the trip tonight), so I may not be able to check this thread again so please email me suprgrupr1@aol.com or text me (251-421-5182) with any helpful info.

Thanks guys and go Bulls...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Baseball team is in Tallahassee this weekend ... You'll probably pass them on the way down here.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Jump over the fence. Just remember:

Forgiveness is easier to get than permission.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

Day 2 of the Engineering Expo will be going on as well, minus the hoards of school kids currently invading campus. Tons of interesting things for a 9 year old to see and do.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would call the atheltics office and see if they can give you a tour... if you are a season ticket holder, or an alumni member then I don't see why they could not do it.

Of course someone with Athletics would have to be on-campus.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I know it isn't idea, but you can certainly get a very good look even if the gates are locked. There is a sidewalk that goes down the left field line and around the poll into the outfield,. All the fences are designed in a way you can see right through.

Of course, if the gates aren't locked, I'd just walk in, worst case scenario you say sorry and leave. Sometimes legion/highschools will use the field (or the softball field which shares the same front gate).... so even with both USF teams on the road, the fields might be in use.

With the stuff we had going on, we didn't get too much time on Friday, just enough time to visit the bookstore and see the new Marshall Center.  Then the next morning, we shot back to campus and tried to see what we could.  Athletics was closed as was the baseball field, but we were able to get into the football practice area as Jerome Murphy was setting up for his son's birthday party so the gate was open so we got to walk around a little, watch Pierre, Cannon and Miller practice and get some pics in. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Nice photos. Class of 2026?

Gotta get that daughter some USF gear though!!

• Upvote 1

Momma isn't encouraging her to attend USF!  lol  She's a dancer and really outgoing, artistic type, yup, she's going to live at home as long as we can possibly make her!  lol  So Tampa is definitely not in the cards for her.  Now Hunter?  All day long!  He's a lefty pitcher which our team could always use.