• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Overall thoughts, grade for this years class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Are my posts being deleted. Is Control freak Trip now censoring content? dude you need to take a laxative or something.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Are my posts being deleted. Is Control freak Trip now censoring content? dude you need to take a laxative or something.

What posts from this thread do you think were deleted and when? I'm not deleting posts on this board but just moving them to the Off Topic ... maybe you forgot to hit the "Post" button?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

CBS sports has us as the 96th best team in the country. USF finished 3-9 last season, but we ended up with a recruiting class in the top 50's in a disheveled Big East conference. 

If the 96th best team in the country received a recruiting class in the top 50's....

My grade for USF- A 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/124/index2

So you want to provide a higher grade to USF because:  we're in BE, we had a bad season, and were the 96th rated team in the country?  The fact that you have to qualify those things up front means that you, like Little Bill etal, are grading USF against a different curve than Rivals, Scout and ESPN grades the entirety of college football and that have us ranked at 49, 62 and 52 respectively.  Those rankings clearly put us in the middle of Div. 1 college football, where any reasonable A through F bell curve would provide us a C.............not an A.  You all can blow sunshine up your own keesters, just don't try blowing sunshine up mine because I don't roll that way.

did you prefer skippy's rainbows?

Nope, hated the Skippy hire from jump street.  Wanted to Leavitt to stay, but that was against a rising tide to replace Leavitt.  I was one of the first to call for Skip's ouster on this board and helped coin the moniker "Skippy Kragholtz" so, no, I did not prefer Skippy's rainbows.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

if CWT gets Lake Gibson FB and gets all into school I'll move up to B+

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

if CWT gets Lake Gibson FB and gets all into school I'll move up to B+

Everyone will wait with bated breath.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

As a fan I think we all needed the Skip phase to bring us back to reality. I know I was one that always expected top 10 status yr in, yr out but the reality is we are such a new/young program and what we did in that amount of time was amazing! To keep anything like that going you have to have something be consistent with ours being CJL who was all of a sudden gone and in comes a high profile name we thought could take us to the next level. That didn't happen and he actually set us back 1-2 yrs depending upon our latest coaching hire. I thought Skip was a good candidate but it was just smoke and mirrors.

I always was a big supporter of Strong and I think we got someone that has all of his intangibles plus an amazing coaching tree to come from as well as relationships that matter who will help out at the drop of a hat. I love the fact that he went with coaches that are outside his personal click for the major positions and even hired someone to check and balance him(Cooper, Asst. Head Coach). That to me shows a great sign of humility and that he can accept not being the god almighty of the program and listen to other well established coaches and their opinion. This aspect to me is going to be the biggest difference as we are loaded with talent and just haven't had the coaches that can get the most out of these kids. All of our players have a shot next year and that's something any veteran player would love to have b/c it means they have a chance to show the coaches what they are capable of and evaluate the talent properly. 

Sorry for the rant but I'd give this class a B+ considering everything that was taking place in and out of the program. I think we landed our QB and CWT knows that which is why he offered so frantically, although I think Eveld will start and surprise people this year if he has a capable RB(talent is there, just a matter of picking the right combo or every down back). White is the best Pocket passer we will probably land until he leaves and was a diamond in the rough like much of this class(depending upon your site of coarse). I love DE Mayes(Beast)who I think could play right away, as well as Love but I'd play him as an OLB in a 3-4 which would lead to our great DT's we signed and both whom could play right away. They are very similar and from what I saw it seems like they both could gain weight on their frame and still play with their quick feet and burst. I'm somewhat worried about our LB's since we don't have any size besides Dede, but maybe they move some of our athletic DE's there? As for CB there is no excuse for us to not have two players on our roster that can be solid CB's considering the athletes Florida produces especially at CB!

The only thing this class lacked was landing that game breaker, which we were in the final running for with the few we all have discussed and think we will get them in the years to come.