• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

I've been trying to avoid watching ESPN but put it on a little early to watch the WKU game. The College Football show prior to the game had one of my least favorite guys on, Robert Smith. When asked a question about the state of Cinci football he started talking about Boise staying put and how he could see Cinci going to the Mountain West.

Is he just crazy or is this something that is being discussed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I've been trying to avoid watching ESPN but put it on a little early to watch the WKU game. The College Football show prior to the game had one of my least favorite guys on, Robert Smith. When asked a question about the state of Cinci football he started talking about Boise staying put and how he could see Cinci going to the Mountain West.

Is he just crazy or is this something that is being discussed?

IMO

Which ever league Big East or MWC that gets $5-6 mil first in their TV contract wins Boise, Cincy, UConn, and possibly USF&UCF.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Cincy is overvalued nowadays.

It is awesome to be the UCONN alternative. People talk about you like you are a legit powerhouse.

Louisville just cashed in on being option B to Louisville's option A.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/12/college-football-wrap-tv-ratings-for-almost-every-game-this-season/

Actually if Boise and Cincy teamed up to start a new conference would make the most sense, (well assuming BE or MWC don't let Boise keep their home TV rights). Add UConn, USF, UCF, Temple, Houston, SMU, SDSU, BYU for a 10 team league.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

http://www.sportsmed...me-this-season/

Actually if Boise and Cincy teamed up to start a new conference would make the most sense, (well assuming BE or MWC don't let Boise keep their home TV rights). Add UConn, USF, UCF, Temple, Houston, SMU, SDSU, BYU for a 10 team league.

hmm

not a bad idea

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  1

best case scenario

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/12/college-football-wrap-tv-ratings-for-almost-every-game-this-season/

And they probably could have already had this if they didn't panic and end up adding Tulane and Memphis as all sports members.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

best case scenario

Send it to the Boise AD, make sure to CC the Cincy AD :)

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

best case scenario

Except it being a horrible idea for every sport besides football, I agree. If we could form a football only league and stay with the Catholic 7 for all other sports, that would make this ideal (outside of the not going to happen B12/ACC invite).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

the BE brand is so badly beaten, and Boise State is going to get what they want from the MWC, it may create a scenario where MWC has all the power and is the one doing the expanding, etc.

just speculation, but i wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by hm101