• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin Has Interviwed Willie Taggart for HC position- WHahhh!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

They still think that the BE is a viable conference that is going to get a lucrative TV deal and be “on-par†with the other big conferences.

Do you have a source, or is this more of the same "I haven't specifically heard who Judy Genshaft is meeting with, so that means she must be doing nothing" idiocy? (Disclaimer: I already know the answer to my question.)

http://www.tampabay....ational-success

http://www.tampabay....a-judy-genshaft

I believe it's the 3rd question from GA

So does that mean you don't have a source? Because I don't see anything that says what you claimed they said. I see no speculation about the value of the Big East's television contract, nothing about being "on-par" with anything else, nothing but boring, predictable coachspeak about USF's "great future" and such.

Here's the third question from Greg:

Q: What is going on with the Big East, the future of the Big East, the future for you guys?

A: "The Big East is all about opportunity. We're a national league right now. We've got a lot of teams there. It's been very difficult to answer what's going to be in the future, because it's dominos. One league takes another and it goes back and forth. As of now, we're really happy with the Big East. We've got one of the best basketball programs ever. We've got Madison Square Garden for the next 8 to 10 years. It's pretty exciting. We're bringing on some good teams: Boise and Navy will be coming in. It's going to be good."

Plenty of disclaimers there that they don't, in fact, know what the future of the Big East is.

I'm not going to argue with you on a message board......I said they THINK keyword is THINK that the BE is a viable conference. I never quouted anyone. I personally put "on-par" in quotes and if you mistook that as me quoting them, I apologize.

Also, if you are so privy to insider info, let's have it. People on this board are just as bad, if not worse, than the media. With the "sources and insider info"

I just want to make sure I'm understanding. You are here telling us what Doug Woolard and Judy Genshaft think about the Big East's next television contract and standing relative to other leagues, despite the fact that in the sources YOU have offered they explicitly say they don't actually know, and yet in the same post you are decrying others on this board posting alleged info without credible sources. Right? That's what I'm reading?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if this is true i would fire him now

there must be a clause in contract that would allow usf to get out of contract

this undermines the program and the school

but woollard and prez have zero backbone and poor judgment

Agreed

If I was AD Woolard, my first phone call this morning would be to Coach T. If any of this is true, he would be fired immediately. I honestly believe that he might have interviewed before accepting the job at USF, but I don’t see him leaving 2 weeks after being hired. I don’t know the man personally, but everything I’ve read seems to me that he wouldn’t do something like this, I hope I’m not wrong.

However, I am not the AD and as you guys said, he and Judy have shown that they are pretty inept at their jobs and oblivious to what’s going on at the FBS level (conference realignment).

They still think that the BE is a viable conference that is going to get a lucrative TV deal and be “on-par†with the other big conferences.

Agreed

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

usf fans are so used to being pissed on

so used to having a losing mentality

usf fans remind me of an abused woman that keeps getting beaten up by the husband but still thinks he loves her

the response is A JOKE

it goes back to our expectations in coaches and performance on the field----LOW

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

The statement below is from USF AD Doug Woolard:

"The Big East has 13 strong members moving forward together. We will have an excellent league in football, basketball and all other sports, and our programs will compete at the very highest level of intercollegiate athletics."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/21292915/big-east-deal-could-be-worth-as-little-as-60-million-per-year

I didn't major in math. In 2015, after Navy joins, the BE will have 15 football schools that's 15 (currently 13) teams splitting 60 million versus the Pac-12 splitting 250 million between 12 schools.

How would USF or any other school in the BE hope to compete with such a difference of income?

And before you go there, I DO NOT let me say it again DO NOT know how much the BE is going to get for it's new TV deal. Just posting a link for an article I read. I'm currently searching for links to other that had the dollar amount of the new BE TV deal to be around the same.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

whats_going_on.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We better get him an extension pronto!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Agreed

If I was AD Woolard, my first phone call this morning would be to Coach T. If any of this is true, he would be fired immediately. I honestly believe that he might have interviewed before accepting the job at USF, but I don’t see him leaving 2 weeks after being hired. I don’t know the man personally, but everything I’ve read seems to me that he wouldn’t do something like this, I hope I’m not wrong.

However, I am not the AD and as you guys said, he and Judy have shown that they are pretty inept at their jobs and oblivious to what’s going on at the FBS level (conference realignment).

Agreed

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

usf fans remind me of an abused woman that keeps getting beaten up by the husband but still thinks he loves her

the response is A JOKE

The point is that your respnse to this was the joke. You obviously didn't even bother to read the original articles and the replies on this thread because even you aren't stupid enough to think there was anything to it.

is that the new usf residence hall at usf

• Downvote 1

Agreed

Agreed

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

the response is A JOKE

The point is that your respnse to this was the joke. You obviously didn't even bother to read the original articles and the replies on this thread because even you aren't stupid enough to think there was anything to it.

dont know if there is anything to it

neither do you

only avarez and taggert know for sure

the ad needs to ask coach t about it

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The articles and quotes were all from the last 24 hours after an AP release. Alvarez may or may not think Taggart is still in play, but he is clearly using it in his recruiting schtick. That's why the ambiguity in my post, but this isw NOT dated news.

And yes Trip, I knew the initial interview with Willie took place before he was hired at USF

This is what I was sooooo pissed about when we hired CWT... From what I heard, USF only interviewed Taggart and Nutt, and they only interviewed Nutt because his agent pressed the issue. USF contacted other coaching candidates, but only interviewed two candidates out of like 15.

Its impossible to get a good salary out of a new hire for a any big level spot if you handicap yourself by not having a good field of candidates, so you can use those candidates to negotiate your chosen candidate down in price.

Its salary negotiations 101.