• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A different feeling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

I have kept off the board much recently in the wake of recent developments. I have to say, as a looonnnngggg time fan and supporter, I have a different feel, too. For the first time I am not optimistic about the longterm trajectory of the athletics programs, particularly football. I think there are critical moments in time when successful people and programs have to take advantage of the circumstances and seize the opportunity to move forward or be doomed to be left behind. From what I have observed unfolding at the University and on the general college athletics lansdscape, I hope I am wrong, but I have a sick feeling that moment may have passed us in the last three years. I am not giving up. I'll keep promoting the programs as I have, even working it a little harder; however, I feel a little older and less hopeful these days.

2 steps forward. one step back. have faith. every successful person and program have faced adversity at one time or another. Miami went from almost shutting down program to an impressive run to win 5 NC in 20 years.

and now they've come full circle as they are about to get shut down again... Ha!

+1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Ricky is under the influence of cold medicine.