• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cautious Optimism

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to get a feeling of dejavu. People are really getting excited about Taggart getting hired. Just feel like we've been down this road before. Don't get me wrong, I think Taggart was the best candidate for the job, but I'm just not willing to go so far and say stuff like "100% recovery expected". I want Taggart to be successful here, but I'm just keeping my expectations in check until he's on the field and is winning.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Maybe its just me, but why would you create a separate thread and not post this where everyone else is posting their cautiously optimistic posts?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to get a feeling of dejavu. People are really getting excited about Taggart getting hired. Just feel like we've been down this road before. Don't get me wrong, I think Taggart was the best candidate for the job, but I'm just not willing to go so far and say stuff like "100% recovery expected". I want Taggart to be successful here, but I'm just keeping my expectations in check until he's on the field and is winning.

You realize 100% recovery means back to 7-5, 8-4 type seasons...I am pretty sure Taggart can at least be there in two seasons.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

Maybe its just me, but why would you create a separate thread and not post this where everyone else is posting their cautiously optimistic posts?

Must have missed it. Apologies.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Must have missed it. Apologies.

Its no biggy, I just see posts like this under And I've posted info that I've missed on the board too.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully some lowered expectations (for the short future) will help everyone chill out next season. Personally, I think if USF is bowl eligible in '13 it will be a success.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

lets just see what happens...

it will be pretty hard to go backwards... and i think if willie t can recruit like we think then we are in good shape...

he will have a lot of work on his hands to fix this class

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

And remember, kids. We're playing in CUSA-II for the foreseeable future, so there should be some fair fights.

I think the success curve has a more gentle slope than some realize, especially given that all it takes is two -

yeah, as in BOTH, a couple - conference wins next season to DOUBLE last season's haul. It's gonna be interesting

to see how The Board reacts over time.

That being said, I too am cautiously optimistic that this was a good move for USF football.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully some lowered expectations (for the short future) will help everyone chill out next season. Personally, I think if USF is bowl eligible in '13 it will be a success.

Exactly. 6-6 would be a great start. I love Coach T's mentality that this is a sprint and even a 6-6 season would be viewed as a disappointment.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

You realize 100% recovery means back to 7-5, 8-4 type seasons...I am pretty sure Taggart can at least be there in two seasons.

And 9-3 and ranked.