• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hire before Louisville opens

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

The last thing we want is for USF and Louisville to be open at the same time. Just Hire Willie T and get it over with. Yes he is a growing head coach that can be a lights out recruiter and has not reached his full potential as a coach, but look at Frank Martin. Ridiculous recruiter that grew into a good coach and had some **** good teams at K-State. Its a loter easier to find your way at the Head Coach role when the roster is stacked.

Strong will be gone to Tennessee before the end of week. No way do the Vols sit back and let every other major team in their conference get that much of a head start in recruiting relations. Heck Kentucky already filled its position, I would not be surprised to see Stong to Tennessee in the next hour or two.

Edited by fuhbull11

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw that apparently Strong is the top choice for Tennessee.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8710353/sources-charlie-strong-louisville-cardinals-front-runner-tennessee-volunteers-coaching-job

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yeah, because Willie T is just going to jump at the first job for whatever they offer. His agent ain't dumb, he'll play both schools for more money if both schools want him.

Just because you jump first doesn't mean he'll land there

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yeah, because Willie T is just going to jump at the first job for whatever they offer. His agent ain't dumb, he'll play both schools for more money if both schools want him.

not that he'll jump at the first job but if you wait too long then he might have accepted something already. it's like asking a girl to the prom. sure she may want to go with you but if someone asks her first and she says yes then too bad for you.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Taggart would come here over Louisville

My friend if USF is smart they they set up a meeting and quickly generate an offer. Maybe they go into the meeting with the plan of offering unless a red flag jumps out at them. They make a strong offer and see who else bites. No one on this board is dumb, we all know how bidding works. If USF waits to late and comes at the end of bidding war, I still think we get him, but for more money then we plan on.

not that he'll jump at the first job but if you wait too long then he might have accepted something already. it's like asking a girl to the prom. sure she may want to go with you but if someone asks her first and she says yes then too bad for you.

This assumes that we haven't contacted him. For all we know we could have and he might have said he's weighing his options

My friend if USF is smart they they set up a meeting and quickly generate an offer. Maybe they go into the meeting with the plan of offering unless a red flag jumps out at them. They make a strong offer and see who else bites. No one on this board is dumb, we all know how bidding works. If USF waits to late and comes at the end of bidding war, I still think we get him, but for more money then we plan on.

Again this assumes we haven't talked to him.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

I like Taggart as a possibility, but he's no slam dunk to the point that USF needs to "hurry" to schedule a meeting and put a possible offer together just because The Ville might lose their coach this week.

I like Taggart as a possibility, but he's no slam dunk to the point that USF needs to "hurry" to schedule a meeting and put a possible offer together just because The Ville might lose their coach this week.

I said Taggart because I like him as the coach. But DW seems to want to hire some big name guy, time to get ourselves off the table and start moving forward. I for one think he has been contracting people way before the firing, hence the reason for no search committee.