• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bobby Petrino...SEAL THE DEAL!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Petrino wouldn't be here in 2-3 years.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Petrino wouldn't be here in 2-3 years.

Where's he going to go? The SEC likely wouldn't touch him and the B1G definitely wouldn't.

If Louisville can hold off Tennessee, I think USF would have a reasonable shot to throw some money around to keep a coach. I'd much rather be 10-3 in 3 years and looking for a coach than 3-9.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If we hired Petrino today, he'd be gone tomorrow if he got what he felt was a better offer.

If we hired Petrino today, he'd be gone tomorrow if he got what he felt was a better offer.

My point being, Petrino will have to earn the better offer. It'll take him a few years. None of the jobs that he'd want over a USF will touch him for the forseeable future. A couple ten win seasons at USF would get them to take another look, but he would be a here a few years at least. And all but an absurd 4 or 5 million dollar offer would give USF a chance to keep him around longer. I truly believe USF could shell out up to 3 million on a coach who's consistently ranked in the top 25 or 15.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

More than likely, I doubt that would happen for at least 2-3 years though. Until then, we could get a good foundation built. And let's say for argument purposes he took us to a 9 or 10 win season. If he does leave, it would not cost us anything more. We would not have to buy out the contract.

And then it would be easier to find a good coach with a better record and better prestige.

It's really all irrelevant. We're not hiring Petrino. When Petrino takes his next job he will closely be measured to the success of our new coach for what could have been. Hopefully our new guy nails it and we never have to look back.

Most signs point to Strong staying at UL for right now... Tenn appears to be after Fedora.

Word on the street from what I can see is either Fedora or Gundy.

Let me update this. Gundy will stay at OK State.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8714519/mike-gundy-remain-coach-oklahoma-state-cowboys-sources-say

Has Tennessee done anything right since unceremoniously showing Fulmer the door? The only worst athletics blunder I can think of is at Pitt, which almost got torrentially worse had Chryst gone to Wisconsin.

Edited by Bull Martin

Has Tennessee done anything right since unceremoniously showing Fulmer the door? The only worst athletics blunder I can think of is at Pitt, which almost got torrentially worse had Chryst gone to Wisconsin.

Pretty much............................no. Dave Hart is the issue.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

In organized sports, IMO, one of the ultimate **** moves is walking out on your team .... **** Petrino.