• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets talk Prado

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Prado needs to go bye-bye if he does not perform this season...

Why not hire one of the many ex-MLB players that live in Tampa, assuming of course they would want to coach college ball that is.

Prado had Tino Martinez (his brother-in-law) on staff last year as his hitting coach along with Chuck Hernandez (former Rays pitching coach). Both are now part of Redmond's new staff with the Marlins. If those two can't make a decent college player out of you, you don't have the tools to win games.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

the team he had in UL when we played them..which eventually won a college world series..was kind of built the same way. They had one of the smallest kid to ever to play college baseball I forget his name. He was verrrrrrrrrry good. Maybe thats how he recruits. I do notice that alot of his picks do actually end up signing but part of recruiting is getting kids who are the best for your program that you actually have a chance to get on campus. He has had chance to make that adjustment but I think he is a good coach without a doubt. I think it must be easier now with the facilities they have so we shall see this year. Hopefully some improvements.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Unbelievable. You do realize that we were in the Big East Championship last year, right? And even losing there was talk of us still making it to the tourney, you know that right?

If CSH loses tonight are we going to see folks calling for his head too? If USF WBB loses tonight and goes 6-1 over their first seven are we going to see a fireJoseFernandez.com. website? Are we going to fire Ken Eriksen if he loses to Marshall on Feb 3rd?

I got an idea, lets just fire everyone and rehire only members of the bullspen.com Will that satisfy everyone?

Perhaps you feel empowered by the firing of Skip Holtz but let me be the first to assure you that nothing that was said on this board had any impact on the decision to release Holtz.

O

And don't give me the bullchit about, "if you wanna settle for mediocrity that's fine, we want excellence" because if this is your stance you are going to disappointing and disenfranchised for a very very long time. How many people wish we were going to a 'crappy' bowl right now? I know if we were playing UCF in the BOB bowl I would be loving it. But I'm sure if that was the case, the reining consensus would be, "that sucks, that bowl sucks, that team sucks, our coach sucks"

Firing coaches does not help anyone. It does not create stability, it does not create a sense of team and it does not create a sense of unity instead it feeds into this national obsession with entitlement, instant gratification, and financial greed.

NEWSFLASH! Its hard to win national championships, that's why it's special if you do.

NEWSFLASH! Its hard to win 6 games in a year, that's why its special if you do.

NEWSFLASH! It's hard to get teenagers and young men to live up to their potential, that's why it's special if they do.

Last regional 2002.......moving on

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Why not hire one of the many ex-MLB players that live in Tampa, assuming of course they would want to coach college ball that is.

Prado had Tino Martinez (his brother-in-law) on staff last year as his hitting coach along with Chuck Hernandez (former Rays pitching coach). Both are now part of Redmond's new staff with the Marlins. If those two can't make a decent college player out of you, you don't have the tools to win games.

Not true Jtrue....Tino hasn't been the hitting coach for about 3 years or so. Chuck was on the staff last year, but not Tino. Get your facts straight. Funny how we have this many people that want to fire Prado and none of them have been to a baseball game ever...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

If they ever fire Lelo does Athletics have to fire his wife as well?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not true Jtrue....Tino hasn't been the hitting coach for about 3 years or so. Chuck was on the staff last year, but not Tino. Get your facts straight. Funny how we have this many people that want to fire Prado and none of them have been to a baseball game ever...

But, but, but... My lack of attendance is what makes me able to be objective, unlike your blind homerism. /satire