• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Statements from Woolard and Holtz/Presser audio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Charsibb, problem with your statement is that Holtz never plateaued ... his time here was a straight downward incline.

Sure he did.

Immediately after the ND game. God got his revenge for Skippy's infidelity.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I see what you did there ... you were thinking micro, I was thinking macro ... got it!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

:D

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Does anyone else wonder if this is the best way to go about this, no search firm involved? Especially with the number of openings. Those firms provide a lot of footwork that Woolard now has to do such as looking up stats and salaries.

We will not be utilizing a search firm in the traditional sense but we may seek assistance in terms of search logistics, background checks and vetting of candidates. I will be communicating with leading individuals at all levels of football in America as this process moves forward.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone else wonder if this is the best way to go about this, no search firm involved? Especially with the number of openings. Those firms provide a lot of footwork that Woolard now has to do such as looking up stats and salaries.

We will not be utilizing a search firm in the traditional sense but we may seek assistance in terms of search logistics, background checks and vetting of candidates. I will be communicating with leading individuals at all levels of football in America as this process moves forward.

Who needs a search firm when he can read this wonderful board full of insightful information. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

YES!!!

Class all the way around. What a difference from the last time our coach plateaued.

Santa, PLEASE bring us a winner for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Bulls!

How do you make such a stupid comparison? Our last coach was a winner and he wasn't even given the decency of being fired? Instead he had his name & reputation dunked in a toilet! Why did he have an obligation to be even as classy as he was?

Your sentence is pretty hard to parse, but I think we're saying the same thing.

USF did not act with class last time we had a coach that plateaued. Rather, we found a trumped-up excuse to fire him. This time Woolard manned up, fired him outright, and took responsibility for the decision.

Sorry, it seemed you were saying Holtz took it with class, but Leavitt didn't.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370

Glad to see us moving in another direction. DW did what had to be done in my opinion. Many challenges ahead with this confrence recruits and restoring our program to a level of competitiveness

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

YES!!!

Class all the way around. What a difference from the last time our coach plateaued.

Go Bulls!

How do you make such a stupid comparison? Our last coach was a winner and he wasn't even given the decency of being fired? Instead he had his name & reputation dunked in a toilet! Why did he have an obligation to be even as classy as he was?

USF did not act with class last time we had a coach that plateaued. Rather, we found a trumped-up excuse to fire him. This time Woolard manned up, fired him outright, and took responsibility for the decision.

Trumped up charge? Leavitt assaulted a player. He is lucky he did not get criminal charges pressed against him. If that happened, then Leavitt would have had more to worry about than losing his job. If he choked the player, then the asault would have become a felony.

Assaulting another person, even if it is a college football player, is still a crime.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Too bad classy doesn't take timeouts when necessary or win football games.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

YES!!!

Go Bulls!

Trumped up charge? Leavitt assaulted a player. He is lucky he did not get criminal charges pressed against him. If that happened, then Leavitt would have had more to worry about than losing his job. If he choked the player, then the asault would have become a felony.

Assaulting another person, even if it is a college football player, is still a crime.

YES!!!

Go Bulls!

You'll find a vocal majority here that thinks battery on football players by coaches a part of the game and no big deal and see that even if what Leavitt did happened its no big deal. I found that out back then when voicing the same views as you and was told all the stories of how people who played football that were hit by their coaches saying they deserved it or that if their kid didn't do their assignment they expected the coach to strike their kid, etc.. They try and degrade the notion that coaches shouldn't physically or verbally assault players by playing it off as part of a PC movement that has made society soft. I just wonder how many of those think wife beating, kicking pets or waterless practice are OK too.