• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz Show on TV this morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone see it? Holtz looked like crap. Talked about the future of this team but looks like he was up all night. They DID NOT ask about his future nor did he comment abot it. Anyway, was kind of surreal especially know knowing the news. I suspect he knew before yesterday.

On a side note, he commented on the show that he knew the game was gone at that point and he wanted Bonani on Senior night to go out on a positive note. Mentioned him breaking his back, etc... So he did it for the right reasons. The guy has a good heart. Just isn't a good HC apparently.At least not at this level.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I saw the final few minutes the show. You're right IncrediBull, he looked awful.

At the end, Skip made a point of thanking the commentator for his 'professionalism', which I guess in retrospect, judging by the way he said it could be read as Skip saying, "goodbye".

I believe he knew he was headed for the gallows.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

Skip Holtz is a great guy. If you've met him you'd feel the same. He is also a good coach, this just was not a good fit for him at all. I believe he's going to have a long coaching career, USF was just night the right place. He couldn't recruit here and I believe the staff he put together was horrid.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Skip Holtz is a great guy. If you've met him you'd feel the same. He is also a good coach, this just was not a good fit for him at all. I believe he's going to have a long coaching career, USF was just night the right place. He couldn't recruit here and I believe the staff he put together was horrid.

if you can't recruit in Florida and you put together a horrid staff and then do not replace them when you know your seat is heating up everyday then I fail to see the greatness in your coaching ability and the brightness of your future

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

if you can't recruit in Florida and you put together a horrid staff and then do not replace them when you know your seat is heating up everyday then I fail to see the greatness in your coaching ability and the brightness of your future

Recruiting in Florida is much different than the Carolinas or the northeast, just like it is in Texas. Skip's won before, and he'll win again. Just not here.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201

I saw the final few minutes the show. You're right IncrediBull, he looked awful.

At the end, Skip made a point of thanking the commentator for his 'professionalism', which I guess in retrospect, judging by the way he said it could be read as Skip saying, "goodbye".

Yes, I noticed that comment too. His eyes were nearly shut, like he hadn;t slept. Ive met him a few times, and he is a genuine guy. Cares about his players, coaches, and USF. I am sure he is devastated, but it had to be. Bittersweet for USF.... We could use an ethical, caring, individual in the role. But they also need to posses an inate desire to win at nearly all costs. He was missing the "fire".

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Stupid phone double post

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, I noticed that comment too. His eyes were nearly shut, like he hadn;t slept. Ive met him a few times, and he is a genuine guy. Cares about his players, coaches, and USF. I am sure he is devastated, but it had to be. Bittersweet for USF.... We could use an ethical, caring, individual in the role. But they also need to posses an inate desire to win at nearly all costs. He was missing the "fire".

You're right, he's a great guy - I've met and spoken with him several times. He just was not a good fit here.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I agree. He seems like a really good guy, just not the right fit. Even though the last few years have been terrible, I do appreciate the effort he tried to put in here. I also appreciate how he improved the APR, etc., but you still got to produce on the field. Hope the next coach serves us well.