• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Bad Ugly vs Stetson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Good

- Its a win on the road without our starting PG.

- Mike McCloskey came off the bench early and put in 11 solid minutes. He held his own for the most part and played hard every play.

- Out-rebounded Stetson, even though they were missing their star player big man.

- Jawanza Poland had two great dunks. One was a MONSTER thunder dunk that should be a Top 10 play if USF can get the film to the four letter network.

- Collins. He may not have been dressed but it was great to see him on the bench helping instruct the guys when we were on offense. You could see he wanted to be out there and was doing everything he could to get us the win.

- The new sports marketing director. Forgot his name but he was hired this evening from Embry-Riddle and made sure to come over and introduce himself to a lot of the fans there, especially us students. Seems like he's really excited to get over here to Tampa and get to work.

- Just a little shout out to the guys who joined me in our escapade across I-4 tonight to go to the game and irritate a few Stetson fans.

Bad

- Struggling against Stetson.

- Perimeter defense. Lots of open looks for Stetson.

- Interior offense. Got blocked a number of times and then just completely shut down on dribble drives. We also tried to force it too many times leading to turnovers. Part of this also goes to not having Collins on the floor controlling things. Must improve drastically or the Big East will eat us alive.

- Shot selection. Poor shot selection most of the night. Again, some of it stemming from not having Collins, but our guys need to be smarter.

Ugly

- Free throws. Even thought we made them in the final minutes, 56% will not cut it.

- Victor Rudd. He just wasn't in the game tonight; no passion, no energy, no effort. I watched him stand with his hands by his side and watch a Stetson player next to him come down with a rebound. Heath saw it and pulled him after to give him a talking to about it.

- Stetson's arena. It was slightly better than my high school gym. Be thankful for our Dome, Sweet Dome.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think the Stetson fans enjoyed me yelling "Go ride your kangaroo" to their Australian player during his free throws.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

It's a shame to see Rudd mailing it in. He played well against Bradley but other than that has been lackluster. I know he doesn't like the school and probably doesn't like Heath much either, but you'd think he'd take advantage of his opportunity to get to that draft he was close to declaring for last season.

He better bring it come Big East play. Or just next game would be a nice start.

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Ugly - I totally forgot we had a game until it was too late.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Omogbehin looks so **** intimidating out there for 30 or 40 seconds until everyone realizes he doesn't know what's going on around him yet. Couple of Stetson players eyes lit up when he went on the floor. They are a very small team.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Omogbehin looks so **** intimidating out there for 30 or 40 seconds until everyone realizes he doesn't know what's going on around him yet. Couple of Stetson players eyes lit up when he went on the floor. They are a very small team.

I was wondering if Stetson was going to cheer for him lol

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Another interesting tidbit, USF has not had the same starting 5 in any of its 6 games this year (7 if you include the exhibition game).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Another interesting tidbit, USF has not had the same starting 5 in any of its 6 games this year (7 if you include the exhibition game).

Not really unexpected going into this season .... Mathematically, I wonder how many more different combos there are and how close will we get to seeing them all this year?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

that is a trippy stat

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

that is a trippy stat

Still working on that chemistry. We need to find the right combo that crashes the boards, plays defense, and makes efficient use of every offensive possession. I haven't seen all three come together for any of the versions of the starting-5 I've seen thus far this season. Heath really needs to figure out what works best before entering conference play; otherwise, we'll get eaten.