• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

This team lacks speed and confidence. At times they have misplaced confidence, almost like they are trying convince themselves they are good.

My point is that what you see on the field is a culmination of all the time and effort put in coaching the player off the field. If he looks bad on the field, a large portion goes to how he is coached in all those hours off the field and the motivation/mentality he is given to perform on the field.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894

I just take a look at brian kelly. Look no further to see how a real coach looks. This guy is tough as nails. I bet this guy is a blast to play for because he knows when to relax but you never want to make a mistake for him. He will chew your butt out on the sideline but coach you up when neccessary. This is at Notre Dame too. You would think he would be more conservative but he is still himself. The guy calls an incredible game. There is no doubt we are lacking a coach who gets the most out of his players. On top of not getting the most out of his players their is no system in place that is designed offensively or defensively that is appealing to a kid to play in. We do not put up alot of points with designed plays. I could live with not executing plays but seeing an offense that looks like it has an identity and creativity. I can telll when cosh is mixing it up and blitzing and i can take big plays when we do that but not that generic sit back and get shredded approach we have all seen...I look at Penn st...BOY DID THEY LUCK OUT..what a coach they got. That guy is incredible. You could watch a penn st offense what used to be majority run and very boring and basic now running a very NFL patriot like offense and its fun to watch. They might not go undefeated but you know they got a good coach.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

I just take a look at brian kelly. Look no further to see how a real coach looks. This guy is tough as nails. I bet this guy is a blast to play for because he knows when to relax but you never want to make a mistake for him. He will chew your butt out on the sideline but coach you up when neccessary. This is at Notre Dame too. You would think he would be more conservative but he is still himself. The guy calls an incredible game. There is no doubt we are lacking a coach who gets the most out of his players. On top of not getting the most out of his players their is no system in place that is designed offensively or defensively that is appealing to a kid to play in. We do not put up alot of points with designed plays. I could live with not executing plays but seeing an offense that looks like it has an identity and creativity. I can telll when cosh is mixing it up and blitzing and i can take big plays when we do that but not that generic sit back and get shredded approach we have all seen...I look at Penn st...BOY DID THEY LUCK OUT..what a coach they got. That guy is incredible. You could watch a penn st offense what used to be majority run and very boring and basic now running a very NFL patriot like offense and its fun to watch. They might not go undefeated but you know they got a good coach.

Or Snyder at K State.

Record and Scout recruiting rankings over the last eight years:

‘12 – 10-1 +

‘11 – 10-3 – #85

‘10 – 8-6 – #61

‘09 – 6-6 – #99 (Snyder Hired)

‘08 – 5-7 – #112

‘07 – 5-7 – #45

‘06 – 7-5 – #55

‘05 – 5-7 – #48

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The coaching has sucked, BUT we are NO where near as talented as some like to think we are. Yes, coaches can coach up some kids, but some kids can't be coached up at all.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The coaching has sucked, BUT we are NO where near as talented as some like to think we are. Yes, coaches can coach up some kids, but some kids can't be coached up at all.

So..... we're 2-3 recruiting classes away from being able to beat Temple, Ball State or winning more than 1 game a year in conference?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

So the current upper class was recruited by the previous administration. They where persuaded to come to USF not only by Jim and his assistance but by their older peers who played a full four years under coach Leavitt. I am not sure that we aren't seeing the results of upperclassmen who aren't bought into the program. The game planning hasn't been that bad. There have certainly been odd decisions here and there, but most of them have little impact on the game (seriously - who believes had we gone for two Friday we'd have scored two more TDs and converted the two point conversions?)

We get Skip for at least another year anyway. But what I blame him most for is not getting the lack of leadership addressed earlier in the season - and perhaps it is something he has harped on behind closed doors. This season has been one of absolutely pathetic execution.

• Upvote 1

So..... we're 2-3 recruiting classes away from being able to beat Temple, Ball State or winning more than 1 game a year in conference?

I'm not saying anything about the future, I'm pointing out what's going on right now. The bottom line is, as i said in the post that you replied to is that.

Can you deny anything in that post? OR, do you just want to change the subject to fit your argument?

Im not going to get on the players or bash them for a cpl reasons. The coach has quit on them, When he settles for FG'S and doesnt go for 2 point conversion to make it a 2 possession game or dosent use Time outs in games when needed shows he is not trying to win the game. He cant be that stupid or can he be? So I cant blame the players, Why risk injury, go all out only to be put in position to lose becuse of coaching.

I wouldnt play for Skip either Id quit on him as well.

He needs to go ASAP.

Im prob going to quit on USF next season as well with my Donation, and Season Tickets, May quit on BB next year as well. But wont have to make the decison until Next year.

Vacation money is much better than money in Doug or Skip's Wallet.

Whether you think so or not, when you quit on your coach, you quit on your fellow teammates.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm not saying anything about the future, I'm pointing out what's going on right now. The bottom line is, as i said in the post that you replied to is that.

Can you deny anything in that post? OR, do you just want to change the subject to fit your argument?

So you're saying that in the present that our talent could not beat Temple or Ball State? I think hiring a useless DC has cost at least 3 games this year. The talent on this team is good enough to win 6 games easily and probably 8-9 with a bowl game if well coached.

As for the future, this team is about to become less talented top to bottom over the next couple years.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So you're saying that in the present that our talent could not beat Temple or Ball State? I think hiring a useless DC has cost at least 3 games this year. The talent on this team is good enough to win 6 games easily and probably 8-9 with a bowl game if well coached.

As for the future, this team is about to become less talented top to bottom over the next couple years.

we have plenty of enough talent to compete in this conference. nobody is loaded with talent in the big east.

isn't skip the 2nd longest tenured coach in the conference?