• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My vote for the saddest USF sports day: 11/11/2012

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

Man, three degrees from USF (BA, 2 MAs), and so much of life has been connected to USF and USF sports. I think this is a new low for me.

I can't recall a day (time period) as bad as this in USF athletics. Sure, we've had terrible things go down. But at least you had football to deflect the basketball pain or the other way around.

Now, there's no escape.

Here's an interesting thought or maybe naught:

Right now, at this very moment, which is worse, the football team or the men's basketball team?

I guess we've got the facilities to be thankful for. "Build it and they will come." Uh, I guess somebody left out the winning part.

I need resuscitation!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Christ, it was just one basketball game. We started last season like crap, i'm sure we can recover like we did then. Stop overreacting.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I think you guys are overreacting a bit. It's not like we just lost to Ball State...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

And to think that I just bought 4 season tickets for this year! I guess the joke's on me, isn't it Woolard. There is just no escaping Woolard and his wonderful decisions concerning USF athletics. I feel absolutely duped.

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Christ, it was just one basketball game. We started last season like crap, i'm sure we can recover like we did then. Stop overreacting.

Save your bandwidth ... This board has its' fair share of Chicken Littles.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

I am more saddened by fans that overreact like you. You act as if you never dealt with losing before.

Let me guess: in your little league games... every one was a "winner."

& you grew up being a Yankees, Lakers, and (insert any other winning team that people bandwagoned on).

Losing must be new to you. Grow up.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

And to think that I just bought 4 season tickets for this year! I guess the joke's on me, isn't it Woolard. There is just no escaping Woolard and his wonderful decisions concerning USF athletics. I feel absolutely duped.

I bought four as well for the first time. But, come on, feeling duped? You and I both knew that we lost 2 big men and our best defender (Hugh Robertson). Teams change every year. Wasn't Woolard in charge last year when the basketball team made it farther than ever in the tournament? Ease up a little bit. Were you the guy that I was walking out next to and he was blaming Holtz for this loss?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

11-11-12 wasn't all bad...The Bulls won the first season opening game ever played in the Dome yesterday (70-48).

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I bought four as well for the first time. But, come on, feeling duped? You and I both knew that we lost 2 big men and our best defender (Hugh Robertson). Teams change every year. Wasn't Woolard in charge last year when the basketball team made it farther than ever in the tournament? Ease up a little bit. Were you the guy that I was walking out next to and he was blaming Holtz for this loss?

CR, I met you and your wife in El Paso so I would have said hi, so no that wasn't me but that is funny!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

CR, I met you and your wife in El Paso so I would have said hi, so no that wasn't me but that is funny!!

I asked the guy about walking out of a BB game blaming Holtz and he said "fire Heath". Just kind of shook my head, said to myself "wow" and kept walking.