• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Men's bball: What's your list of objectives?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

My top-8 wishes:

8 ) A full roster: When was the last time we had a full roster?

7) Attendance goes up to 6,000 per game

6) Getting top 100 recruits

5) Making the Big East Tourney

4) Making the NIT

3) Getting a Mickey D tourney player

2) Getting on the top 25

1) Returning to the Dance ---1992! That's a long time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think I could put together a better list of objectives, nice run down.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

My top-10 wishes - in the order that I think is easiest to hardest:

10) A full roster of players... would it be too much to ask that they play solid, fundamental basketball - not streetball? (I mean all players shoot 60%+ from the FT line, never foul out, team averages less than 12 turnovers pergame, etc).

9) USF (routinely?) gets invited to play in Maui, Alaska, or pre-season NIT tournament... the best OOC games can be found in these tourneys... and while we might get slaughtered at first, by building our OOC RPI, we can get better recruiting classes - helping with the rest of the goals.

8) Making the Big East Tourney on a consistent basis... I don't expect it in 05-06, but finishing 12th or better in 06-07 would be a reasonable expectation.  (Miami did it in their 2nd year, their 3rd year they didn't win a coference game -- hopefully with Rutgers in the mix, we can win at least one every year).

7) Attendance goes up to 6,000 per game -- which will be easier if we play the northern teams at home in February rather -- fans can call it an early spring break!

6) Making the NIT -- all we would need is a .500 record, really... how many BCS teams with a .500 overall record are didn't get a post-season invite.

5) Getting top 100 recruits -- it would be easier if some of these top 100 recruits lived in Florida... and maybe played football as well...

4) Returning to the Dance -- the Big East could send 8 or 9 teams to the NCAA tournament... that means a team that goes 8-8 in conference could make it with a good OOC record.  This may be easier than we think... but I won't expect it until at least 08-09.

3) Getting on the top 25 -- we need help with this... but going far in a pre-season tournament, winning the rest of our OOC schedule, then winning a few Big East games can get us there...

2) Getting a Mickey D tourney player -- easier if he is from Florida... but possible if we are a consistent top 25 team...

1) Winning the National Championship... this may be the biggest of pipe dreams, and it may take a decade or more... but we are in the right conference... and if USF can build a winning tradition, it could happen.

Winning begets winning.  Win some games, better recruits notice and we get a few... we win more, get more and better recruits... we win more, get more and better recruits... etc.

(oh, and don't forget that every team has down years, in 1994-95 Duke went 2-14 in the ACC... one year after going to the NCAA finals)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I do believe that Cann was selected to be a Mickey D tounry player

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

NM he is just on the list of potential All-Americans

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Jim

Don't hold back now.  ;D

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I would be happy to see USF get to the level of a school like Villanova, who normally gets to the post season, sometimes to the NCAA tourney, and every few years is considered a threat to make a run into the second weekend. That would be my long-term vision of what I would like to see.

My shorter-term vision is to improve recruiting across the board and make the Big East tournament. McCullum has been able to get players like Montavius Waters and Chris Howard, and damaged goods like Zaron Cann. At the same time he has back-filled with obscure JUCO's like Mchugh Mathis and that completely unknown kid from Illinois who never made it to campus.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Jim,  you are right every team has down years but what I am hoping is that Mac turns out to be the Bobby Knight for USF without all the garbage.  Knight never had that many NBA type players but got the most out of them.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

Honestly

I just hope we win more games than we loose.

Simple enough

HUH