• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voice your support for an OCS...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

These OCS threads get more and more ridiculous with each new one added! Any way to put about a 10 year ban on OCS discussion?

We should be looking to build one NOW. About 30K seating. We don't need a 65K seat stadium. No one is going, why not build a POS that can be upgraded when it is warranted?

Makes sense to me... also the current plan of getting people on campus is obviously not working if the Hoopla turn out was as bad as it was.

My theory is if we had an OCS then it would get people to come to campus, spend the day on campus, and then they would be more likely to come back for basketball, baseball, and other events. It does the campus no good to have our largest event held 15 miles off campus.

The materials and construction costs for an OCS are at all time lows... why not build a 35K to 40K stadium now given the piss poor attendance issues... and then as we get better and demand for tickets improve we upgrade the stadium?

If your theory was correct, colleges with OCSs would all be selling out all the other sports events. If 8,000 to 12,501 students attend football game at the RJay (12.1 miles from the Sun Dome), why aren't they lining up at the Corbett for soccer,, the Dome for hoops, or across the street for baseball, and softball??

Going to football games on campus wouldn't change my interest level in other Bulls sports teams.

• Content Count:  751

Other threads are talking about how we can't afford to fire a lame coach because we don't have a big budget and then here you talk about spending big bucks we REALLY DON'T have to build something we REALLY DON'T need? Get a grip on reality!

That would be very hard for Bubba...he has hoofs!!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

I do not think you can compare attendance at football games to any other sport. The "Football Exprience" is way more than what happens on the field.

20 something female Gator Grads (who dont care about sports) who watch the Real Housewives and the Bachelorette, can tell you who the Florida quarterback is and who the gators are playing next week, no other sport has this following.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Guys, I was being mostly sarcastic. I know that we can't afford and OCS at the moment. But the size of 30K is what we really only NEED to have.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

These OCS threads get more and more ridiculous with each new one added! Any way to put about a 10 year ban on OCS discussion?

We should be looking to build one NOW. About 30K seating. We don't need a 65K seat stadium. No one is going, why not build a POS that can be upgraded when it is warranted?

Makes sense to me... also the current plan of getting people on campus is obviously not working if the Hoopla turn out was as bad as it was.

My theory is if we had an OCS then it would get people to come to campus, spend the day on campus, and then they would be more likely to come back for basketball, baseball, and other events. It does the campus no good to have our largest event held 15 miles off campus.

The materials and construction costs for an OCS are at all time lows... why not build a 35K to 40K stadium now given the piss poor attendance issues... and then as we get better and demand for tickets improve we upgrade the stadium?

If your theory was correct, colleges with OCSs would all be selling out all the other sports events. If 8,000 to 12,501 students attend football game at the RJay (12.1 miles from the Sun Dome), why aren't they lining up at the Corbett for soccer,, the Dome for hoops, or across the street for baseball, and softball??

Going to football games on campus wouldn't change my interest level in other Bulls sports teams.

That is likely because Tampa is a two sport town... Football which is obvious, and Hockey for whatever reason... all other sports fail in this area. However I believe that if our students/alumni can experience a real college game day atmosphere, then that MIGHT translate over to more butts in the seats for basketball, baseball, and soccer based on school spirit alone.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

You could totally create some outlier survey's by screwing with the survey.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think plans for an OCS and firing this POS coach will begin in earnest after our TV contract negotiations are complete. If we're getting an additional 10 mil on top of what we normally get (14-15 mil total) then I think Judy and Doug will be able to afford to talk about these two things. If we don't get much more than what we get now (8 mil) then I expect that we won't be talking OCS for awhile... at least until we get some big time donors but hopefully they still get rid of the POS coach