• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz Radio Show

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

the callers are usually the worst. 1 out of maybe 20 can formulate a proper argument with facts. radio isn't the internet guys, you can't edit your call afterwards...smh

And those that can formulate a cogent point, are told they can only call once a week. I stopped listening to the 98.7 the Fan weeks ago, and I'll listen to Ron and Ian on 620 every once in a while.

I have not listened to that show in ages and certainly never more than 20 minutes. Is that really a sports show or a pop culture show?

Listened briefly the other day and not much has changed ... pop culture with a sports theme at times.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

pretty sad when reading the comments on these "anti-skip" Facebook pages bring me more excitement than the football games...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Jim-Leavitt-back/241024689169

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone hear DUImig tonight? Someone on GA's blog said that he went off on Woolard and Genshaft for not supporting Holtz and that all the assistants and Holtz want out because they aren't being supported by the fans or adminstration? Anyone hear this nonsense from DUImig?

I hate to admit it but I was channel surfing and heard us mentioned and stopped there for a bit ... First thing I heard was him questioning the BOT president's knee jerk email right after the Temple game, didn't think it was a very professional (my word, not his) move and I kind of agreed with him there. Then he started in with the Woolard/Genshaft throwing Skip under the bus ********. It sounded like, in is alcohol eaten mind, he thinks DW should have come out and flat out say Skip's doing a great job and will be here for the duration of his contract. Douchebag obviously didn't read the whole statement by Woolard or be familiar enough with our Athletics (surprise, surprise) to know that Woolard has a pretty staunch stance about discussing coaches after their seasons ... and Genshaft shouldn't even be in the discussion at this point. The part about the coaches wanting out was just his stupid spin on what he thought Skip should be doing because of the "non-support" ... brought up something about Strong waxing poetic about his administration fully supporting him with facilities, etc in a conference call today. That's the point I turned him off .... if I want to hear someone slamming USF Administration, this is the place, baby!

I wish you had kept listening and taken one for the team because a friend of mine heard something later which was irritating. DUImig actually said that USF ran a good coach in Leavitt out of town. Talk about revisionist history. He led the charge in the media to keep the story alive and it was by far the most he ever spoke about USF football. Upcoming contest? Players on the team? Matchups? NO. Jim Leavitt needs to be dismissed? Every hour upon the hour he was on the air.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Anyone hear DUImig tonight? Someone on GA's blog said that he went off on Woolard and Genshaft for not supporting Holtz and that all the assistants and Holtz want out because they aren't being supported by the fans or adminstration? Anyone hear this nonsense from DUImig?

I hate to admit it but I was channel surfing and heard us mentioned and stopped there for a bit ... First thing I heard was him questioning the BOT president's knee jerk email right after the Temple game, didn't think it was a very professional (my word, not his) move and I kind of agreed with him there. Then he started in with the Woolard/Genshaft throwing Skip under the bus ********. It sounded like, in is alcohol eaten mind, he thinks DW should have come out and flat out say Skip's doing a great job and will be here for the duration of his contract. Douchebag obviously didn't read the whole statement by Woolard or be familiar enough with our Athletics (surprise, surprise) to know that Woolard has a pretty staunch stance about discussing coaches after their seasons ... and Genshaft shouldn't even be in the discussion at this point. The part about the coaches wanting out was just his stupid spin on what he thought Skip should be doing because of the "non-support" ... brought up something about Strong waxing poetic about his administration fully supporting him with facilities, etc in a conference call today. That's the point I turned him off .... if I want to hear someone slamming USF Administration, this is the place, baby!

I wish you had kept listening and taken one for the team because a friend of mine heard something later which was irritating. DUImig actually said that USF ran a good coach in Leavitt out of town.

Glad I wasn't listening when he said that .... would have ended up in a ditch, or worse.

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Be glad people are angry - it shows they are emotionally invested and paying attention.

I wish you had kept listening and taken one for the team because a friend of mine heard something later which was irritating. DUImig actually said that USF ran a good coach in Leavitt out of town.

Glad I wasn't listening when he said that .... would have ended up in a ditch, or worse.

If I could debate him on equal terms about the subject of support for the coach or the program in general, I would crush him. I actually know a little about USF football and can put two words together without having to pause to keep my liquor down. Plus I do not make things up as I go along like we know DUImig does. Other than asking him to back up what he says, you really have no chance to challenge him on his show since he can hang up or turn your voice down and talk over it (and that is even if he is willing to take the call since it would take away from his precious Buc talk). This is why I have never called a talk show unless they were asking trivia questions. Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  96
  • Days Won:  14

Gonna listen in my car on the way home. I like to torture myself. I really can't imagine what it must be like for a coach to have to face the media after yet another loss that should have been a win. I guess that's why I don't make that kind of salary. I know I won't get any insights out of the show, but I still love anything Bulls football. Like I said, I like to torture myself.

Gonna listen in my car on the way home. I like to torture myself. I really can't imagine what it must be like for a coach to have to face the media after yet another loss that should have been a win. I guess that's why I don't make that kind of salary. I know I won't get any insights out of the show, but I still love anything Bulls football. Like I said, I like to torture myself.

No worries. When you listen to the show you will note that it sounds like they are talking about a 5 and 2 team where the future is bright not a 2 and 5 team going nowhere.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

So after listening to these questions..."Coach, I noticed the run defense really improved"....I have to ask, is it worth calling in with legitimate criticisms? Or will my call be immediately screened away?

And yay First Post!

Edited by LifeIsBully