• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Negativity on this board....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

So, on Friday, I am driving some 1K miles to watch USF play on Saturday night. And driving home the next day. Because I care. I only ask that the team puts forward an effort consistent with my own. Should they fail to do so, I will likely find myself negative in attitude.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

I am not saying that we shouldn't be upset at the play calling or the execution of the players.

Have we really taken it that far already?

Quit stealing John McKays shtick ...

Why not, Skip did.

Touche'

:)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Being pissed off is ok. Intentionally hurting USF is not.

WE need to stay strong.

- Wear green and gold

- KEEP your season tickets, attend the games

- Support the UNIVERSITY, not just the football program alone

USF football was never about one person. It is for US and even though our coaching staff/players seem down, WE should not be.

I get the whole "support the University" and "support the players" deal, but the bottom line is that the product they're selling me is garbage. If your local Publix was selling tainted food and gave you the violation, you wouldn't tell your wife to keep going there for "the baggers." Or keep giving them money and say Publix is bigger than one store. You pay for a product. In this case, being entertained by a football game. We're not doing that, at least in my mind. If you want to support the University, go drop off a check at the library. Go wild in the bookstore. Fund a scholarship. Hell, go give a college student a case of beer. But for me, I'm done paying for this dumpster fire until there's some accountability. Now if the Shaft released a statement saying, "In light of recent events with the football team, I'd like to say Skip Holtz is not going anywhere. I don't pay him to win games, I pay him to graduate players and be a stand up guy. And lets be honest, he's a really nice guy. People like him and we haven't gotten into any trouble on his watch. So to everyone calling for his job, suck it." I guess I'd have to support the mission of the University and the athletic department.

You're obviously confusing college sports with professional sports and hopefully the vast majority of our donors don't have this warped view. Athletic programs are built on support that's there through thick and thin times. Are there going to be times in the life of a program where drastic measures may be needed? Absolutely .... but this kind of attitude after a bad stretch of 12 games is a ******* joke.

So blind support no matter what is the only course of action? Or is redirecting my support for the University into one of the countless other needy programs/sports/activities not allowed?

Right ... That's exactly what I said, blind support no matter what.... geezus.

Out of curiosity, what is the line we have to cross before its ok to cut the football program off?

Good question .... I don't know. Everybody obviously has differing opinions on it ... but to me, 12 games isn't near enough time to give up on a coach who had pretty decent success at a slightly lower level than we're at right now.

Agreed, but would you agree that the last 12 games haven't instilled the highest level of confidence in Holtz? Might he be in over his head?

Over his head? No ... it's not like he went from CUSA to the SEC ... but he also hasn't shown yet that he's the one to get us to the next level, whatever that level is now ... and, for the record, I don't know why the extension from Woolard, either. There must be something we were not privy to

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I am not saying that we shouldn't be upset at the play calling or the execution of the players.

Have we really taken it that far already?

Quit stealing John McKays shtick ...

Why not, Skip did.

Touche'

:)

facepalm.gif