• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big east doing the deed on the ACC today

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

True yet somehow the ACC is way better than us?? Our BCS record destroys the ACC record in those games.

You're not talking BCS bowls are you?

Oh, I am sure that he was. Please arm yourself with facts sir, if you wish to enter here.

Highest Winning Percentages By Conference Conference Percentage (Record) Mountain West .750 (3-1) Southeastern .696 (16-7) Western Athletic .667 (2-1) Pac-12 .611 (11-7) Big East .500 (7-7) Big Ten .480 (12-13) Big 12 .474 (9-10) Atlantic Coast .133 (2-13) Independents

.000 (0-3)

http://www.bcsfootba...tory?id=4819309

If you're going to arm yourself with facts, use the correct ones, please. While the Big East's winning percentage is .500, the actual record is 3-3 ... the ACC's winning percentage is .300 based on a record of 6-14. 50% compared to 30% is definitely better but hardly "destroying" .... especially when you consider that the ACC teams got into 3 times as many BCS games as the Big East teams did ... and when you factor in 2 MNC's, plus several more MNC game appearances, it doesn't take a MENSA member to see why the perception of the ACC is head and shoulders above the BE.

Where are you getting your numbers from??? Your numbers are crazy off. The ACC IS 2-13 in BCS games and the Big East is 7-7. They only have played ONE more BCS game than the BE. How can you only be 3-3 when we go to a BCS game every year????

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,631
  • Days Won:  424

True yet somehow the ACC is way better than us?? Our BCS record destroys the ACC record in those games.

Oh, I am sure that he was. Please arm yourself with facts sir, if you wish to enter here.

Highest Winning Percentages By Conference Conference Percentage (Record) Mountain West .750 (3-1) Southeastern .696 (16-7) Western Athletic .667 (2-1) Pac-12 .611 (11-7) Big East .500 (7-7) Big Ten .480 (12-13) Big 12 .474 (9-10) Atlantic Coast .133 (2-13) Independents

.000 (0-3)

If you're going to arm yourself with facts, use the correct ones, please. While the Big East's winning percentage is .500, the actual record is 3-3 ... the ACC's winning percentage is .300 based on a record of 6-14. 50% compared to 30% is definitely better but hardly "destroying" .... especially when you consider that the ACC teams got into 3 times as many BCS games as the Big East teams did ... and when you factor in 2 MNC's, plus several more MNC game appearances, it doesn't take a MENSA member to see why the perception of the ACC is head and shoulders above the BE.

Where are you getting your numbers from??? Your numbers are crazy off. The ACC IS 2-13 in BCS games and the Big East is 7-7. They only have played ONE more BCS game than the BE. How can you only be 3-3 when we go to a BCS game every year????

You've got to use figures based on teams that will actually be in those respective conferences in 2014. You can't consider WVU in BE numbers but need to add Boise's. Pitt, Syracuse, UM and Va Tech's records go under the ACC. My numbers are based on that and I think I did the math right but please check.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

there is no point in having this conversation

acc is part of the big 5

big east isnt

let's see how louisville does against best acc team

It was done due to name branding and revenue potential. There are plenty of dregs in the ACC (and the Pac 12, see Colorado) the fact that some of these schools are considered better than all of the Big East teams makes it about money and name brands. If ESECPN had been honest about that, I have nothing to say. Saying it is just about quality, no, the Big East has no great teams but they have several competitive teams. I have stated several times how USF cannot even sniff the Big East championship yet has done well vs. ACC.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Clemson vs. FSU now becomes even bigger after Va Tech's prat fall at Pitt. If the Noles survive, the following week will be interesting.

For the record, Va. Tech has no ACC losses and has been known to have a stinker and later turn things around.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

.000 (0-3)

You've got to use figures based on teams that will actually be in those respective conferences in 2014. You can't consider WVU in BE numbers but need to add Boise's. Pitt, Syracuse, UM and Va Tech's records go under the ACC. My numbers are based on that and I think I did the math right but please check.

Based on your logic, your math is indeed correct. However, I dont think that is how it works lol. At least not imo. I dont believe BSU's bowl wins count for us, and I dont think Miami's count for ACC and WVU for B12. Pretty sure they are both Big East wins.

Based on your logic, your math is indeed correct. However, I dont think that is how it works lol. At least not imo. I dont believe BSU's bowl wins count for us, and I dont think Miami's count for ACC and WVU for B12. Pretty sure they are both Big East wins.

I'm not talking about officially, I'm talking about perception wise. When you talk BE and ACC now, you need tobe looking at them in the current configuration. Pounding one's chest about the BE being 7-7 in BCS bowls when teams that won 4 of those bowls are no longer in the conference makes no sense. The only bling we currently have is a blue field so it's completely understandable why it's the Big 5 and not the Big 6.

I'm not talking about officially, I'm talking about perception wise. When you talk BE and ACC now, you need tobe looking at them in the current configuration. Pounding one's chest about the BE being 7-7 in BCS bowls when teams that won 4 of those bowls are no longer in the conference makes no sense. The only bling we currently have is a blue field so it's completely understandable why it's the Big 5 and not the Big 6.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Ok I see your point BUT this perception was in place prior to all the movement. It isn't like this sentiment is new.

Ok I see your point BUT this perception was in place prior to all the movement. It isn't like this sentiment is new.

The BCS bowl stat doesn't change that much if you go back before all this movement... definitely still no MNC's or MNC game appearances. The ACC had more storied, traditionally successful programs than the BE before the current moves and it's really not hard at all to see why they've been perceived as stronger.