• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Game Day Helmet Sticker?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Question... does USF get something out of getting a helmet sticker? Like do they get some plaque, or something that indicates that one of our players was awarded a ESPN U helmet sticker?

I remember hearing a few years back that the college will get a ESPNU College Game Day helmet for the trophy room where the team can put the stickers.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

In case some were not aware:

ESPN CollegeFootball ‏@ESPNCFB

#HelmetSticker @ESPNDrLou: QB B.J. Daniels - South Florida. 363 Pass yds, 3 TD, 60 Rush yds in win at Nevada

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

just some good espn recognition

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Adelson

Big East helmet stickers: Week 2

How about a few helmet stickers for a job well done?

Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville. I know Cardinals fans are not tired of seeing Bridgewater getting accolades. He continued his hot start to the season in a 35-7 victory over Missouri State, going 30-for-39 for 344 yards with two touchdowns and zero interceptions. It was the first career 300-yard passing day for Bridgewater, who has been as close to perfect as you can get to start the year.

B.J. Daniels, USF. I am going to double up the helmet stickers for a few teams because of some impressive performances. Daniels was a bit shaky to start out against Nevada, but he closed the game with some of the best football he has ever played. It was Daniels who keyed an incredible comeback, leading USF from an 11-point deficit with under three minutes remaining to the 32-31 win. Daniels threw a 52-yard touchdown pass to Chris Dunkley to start the comeback and a 56-yarder to Andre Davis for the game winner. Daniels had 363 yards passing, and just as nice -- zero turnovers.

Andre Davis, USF. What a monster game for Davis, who had one of the best days of any receiver in college football in Week 2. Davis showed some flashes last season when he played as a true freshmen, and he had an outstanding spring. I thought he had a chance for a breakout season this year, as I put him on my ESPN.com preseason All-Big East team. Sure enough, Davis had his coming-out party against Nevada. He caught 12 passes for a USF single-game record 191 yards and had the game-winning 56-yard touchdown catch with 38 seconds left and a defender draped all over him. It was his second touchdown catch of the game, and it came at the perfect time.

Munchie Legaux, Cincinnati. The Bearcats get two helmet stickers this week too. Legaux accounted for a career-high 322 yards of total offense against Pitt -- running six times for a career-high 117 yards and completing 14 of 28 passes for 205 yards and two touchdowns with zero interceptions. Legaux is the first Cincinnati quarterback in the modern era to pass for 200 yards and run for 100 yards.

Walter Stewart, Cincinnati. Stewart was a force from Cincinnati's defensive line in an impressive 34-10 win over Pitt. Coach Butch Jones has told us about his high expectations for Stewart, and we saw exactly why Thursday night. Stewart had nine total tackles and a career-high four tackles for loss to go with two sacks and a forced fumble, as he harassed the Pitt offensive line all night.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/tag/_/name/helmet-stickers-090912

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Is there any way to verify the amount of hits that ESPN's Big East Blog has received since Adelson has been handling the duty? I don't got on there as much as I did when Bennett was on the beat. I just have a hunch that with the overall ESPN hate and the disdain for Adelson's writing, the clicks coming from Big East member schools' fans have drastically decreased for that blog.