• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No surprise... no mention/highlights on ESPN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

guys the big east is in same boat with all other minor conferences

we will not be getting much press

big east will not get much press

great comback against an less talented team

if usf keeps winning we will make sportscenter again

Exactly.

My post was flawed and fueled by liquor, in fact i dont even remember making it, but still, the moment UCF, SMU, Houston Memphis etc accepted their invites to the BE our days as members of a power conference ended. It sucks, but we arent going to get the amount of coverage as we used to. It'll take us being ranked relatively high, or big upsets over ranked teams to warrent highlights at this point. The BE is viewed by espn as the same as MWC & CUSA. When we spurn them for NBC itll only get worse (though i still think going to nbc is the right move)

You guys are right, our AD couldnt have done anything about it. I'm sure he was doing everything he could to get into the B12 or ACC, but it wasnt going to happen. It would take a miracle or the stars aligning perfectly for us to end up there. We really need the 4 16 team conferences to materialize so we are back in the mix.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

The fact that BJ got it over Andre is a whole different issue, but if you want to count a mention on a helmet sticker segment as something significant, then go right ahead.

And Andre was a finalist for the Capital One thing .... I fast forwarded through a lot of the show but did they cover any games outside the top 25?

I also fast forwarded, but the only game I remember seeing in the fast forwarding that didn't feature a top 25 team was Penn State/Virginia.

maybe if we had a scandal...... nah

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Our AD wasn't caught with his pants down. Florida wasn't letting us in the SEC and FSU/UM weren't going to let us join the ACC. And that's a fact.

I was worried that the CBS vs ESPN thing would be what kept us off of College Football Final, and it did. Had this game been on ESPN3, guaranteed we'd have gotten on the show.

Yes. I am sure Florida is the one and only reason we did not make the SEC..... because we are an SEC team stuck in the C-USA... oops wrong team.

Our AD wasn't caught with his pants down. Florida wasn't letting us in the SEC and FSU/UM weren't going to let us join the ACC. And that's a fact.

I was worried that the CBS vs ESPN thing would be what kept us off of College Football Final, and it did. Had this game been on ESPN3, guaranteed we'd have gotten on the show.

Yes. I am sure Florida is the one and only reason we did not make the SEC..... because we are an SEC team stuck in the C-USA... oops wrong team.

you are both barking up the same tree

remember when UCF accused Judy of not trying to help them get into the Big East?

who can blame them or us for doing what is best for our respective4 schools? Also-- USF is not quite in the same league as SEC schools. ACC schools on the other hand-- I can see that.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

remember when UCF accused Judy of not trying to help them get into the Big East?

who can blame them or us for doing what is best for our respective4 schools? Also-- USF is not quite in the same league as SEC schools. ACC schools on the other hand-- I can see that.

Think you missed my point.... Though I don't think UF would have been thrilled about the SEC adding USF, I doubt we were even a blip on the radar.

Think you missed my point.... Though I don't think UF would have been thrilled about the SEC adding USF, I doubt we were even a blip on the radar.

I think you didn't read my whole post

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

9 Sep qujk9bmyyrbu0m613byb_normal.pngESPN CollegeFootball â€@ESPNCFB

#HelmetSticker @ESPNDrLou: QB B.J. Daniels - South Florida. 363 Pass yds, 3 TD, 60 Rush yds in win at Nevada

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

We are an unranked school that beat an unranked non-bcs school. Sure it was a great finish, but the average fan could care less. Sorry.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We are an unranked school that beat an unranked non-bcs school. Sure it was a great finish, but the average fan could care less. Sorry.

Good point.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

the Louisiana Monroe over Wisconsin, Oregon State over Wisconsin, & Arizona over OK State upsets were main factor that really didn't help IMO