• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome Watch Party?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Why doesn't the university bring together the student body and alumni to watch all away games in the sun dome? I think USF should think about it, creates a great atmosphere, and builds a stronger fan base. What do you guys think?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Not a bad idea... if I lived closer I'd end up going.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,653
  • Days Won:  6

I brought this up last Sunday in another thread for today's game. There are going to be a lot of people watching the end of the football game somewhere and wanting to get to the soccer game by kickoff. The dome would have been perfect - big screens, a/c, cold beer, stadium food and a 1 minute walk to the soccer stadium - what more could you ask for?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Why doesn't the university bring together the student body and alumni to watch all away games in the sun dome? I think USF should think about it, creates a great atmosphere, and builds a stronger fan base. What do you guys think?

It would make too much sense. So they don't.

They did it before in the years ago though.

But the set up was HORRIBLE. They basically were showing it on the old corner screens which had BAD resolution and was a bad viewing angle.

Not sure why they don't set it up like a concert (or graduation) setup, where they can have a projection on a large screen in one of the ends. Have people sit on the court.

Concessions could make some good money.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

Would be a good idea. Or perhaps in the baseball stadium.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293

I just don't think they create enough hype around campus.. Students will show. Resolution is not a problem with the new jumbotron.. It's all in how much they advertise and build a hype around campus..

For our bulls roundup, there was great turnout that was almost 1/2 the capacity..

I just think our campus doesnt create a great atmosphere, instead everyone is running around trying to find a place to watch the game. Imagine if everyone could tailgate in front of the sun dome and move in to watch the game. I know I would be there.