• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#2 Men's Soccer vs South Carolina

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Header off corner with 3 seconds left got past goalie but defender hit it out.......TOUGH loss

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Have we ever won as #2? In any sport?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

ALL Thursday games should be banned for USF.

We didn't play well. Our touches were sloppy and it looked like USC took us out of our game. Throw in the refs making some questionable calls, the really late start, and the wet field; it was a perfect setup for upset. It has much of the feel of that #2 game against Rutgers for football.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Poor kids.

So where will this leave the team rankings wise?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

While a loss sucks, I'm not too upset over it. Unless you play in a lesser conference (New Mexico), you are not going to go undefeated in college soccer. Them playing last night set us up for an upset. The wet field likely made the two sides more of equals than would have been the case otherwise. If the same ref that did the early game ran ours, then there was some terrible officiating as well. I felt bad for those Iona guys because I can see exactly what their coaches see from my seats.

With that said, the Iona team that I saw last night didn't look very good. Our guys should be able to get out there and get a convincing win.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

life's lesson fellas

it is much easier making it too the top

than staying there

that is why i have such respect for programs that compete year in and year out for a championship ala bama and usc

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Starting at 11:00 had to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. We sat through most of the Iona fgcu game (which sucked), then the rain came.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Starting at 11:00 had to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. We sat through most of the Iona fgcu game (which sucked), then the rain came.

this. I dont want to blame the time for the loss, but it blew my mind that they would do that.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

this. I dont want to blame the time for the loss, but it blew my mind that they would do that.

The problem was that they needed to play the game or else the entire tournament schedule would be thrown off. It wasn't just rescheduling the one game but the two on Saturday as well. They could have tried to play this morning, but I'm sure USF and USC would not like having to play back-to-back days.

Side note: USF really needs to look at the stadium plans for bad weather at Corbett. They had about 1000 people there for the 9:00 restart before the skies opened up. They gave no heads up it was about to storm again, and said nothing about where to go. Most students bolted for the Selmon Center. A lot rain into the bathrooms in Corbett, but the current policy is to kick everyone out of the stadium. Plus there was no way to relay to people when the game was going to restart or if it was canceled. Needs a serious re-evaluation and Corbett needs some kind of shelter.