• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Howdy Cattle!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

I just stopped in to wish good luck to my favorite “lower right coast†team and fans.

USF, much like Oregon several years ago, has built something of a reputation for fading late in the season, justified or otherwise, but that will change eventually. Heck, Oregon is three-time defending league champion, Rose Bowl champ, and still gets the “can’t win the big one†label. Shake it off! I’ve got high hopes for the Bulls; don’t let me down! ;)

Your schedule looks challenging late, but do-able, and I have faith in Skip (although he’s no Chip, and I’m damned glad your Bucs didn’t steal Kelly away from us!)

I was really hoping to talk my wife into going to Reno on the weekend of the 8th,and then just springing the football game on her, but family has gotten in the way of that. I hope those of you attending have a great time, although Nevada fans almost have a worse reputation for being obnoxious than Oregon fans (ask Boise State.)

One question: Can you tell me the anticipated start time for the USF/FSU game? I’ll be at the Clink (Century Link Field - Seahawks home) on 9/29 watching the Ducks dismantle Mike Leach’s Wazzu Pirates, but that kickoff time isn’t set yet either. I’m a having a couple of friends up from Oregon and we’d like to catch the USF game on the tube if possible, but I lack DVR technology. Any clue would be helpful.

Go Bulls! Go Ducks!

WTD!

Edited by Quack 10

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

You might be getting a very good basketball player from us.

As for FSU, I don't think the game time has as yet been finalized.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

man that's awesome that you're giving us a shout from Oregon! I watch the Ducks whenever I can too man, the USF/FSU game is most likely to be an afternoon game when you look at ESPN's schedule but it could also be earlier or later.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Can't see it being an early game. This has marquee written all over it. I expect a 3:30 or primetime start. So Quackster, when you guys gonna come do the Jay?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Heck... I'm still trying to recover from the raping that occurred in the second half of the Brut Sun Bowl. Did Oregon just score again on us?

Curious to see how the Pirate Mike Leach does at WSU. I would love to have him lead our University on the gridiron. I believe he is a better fit with his schemes and our firepower than Skip (but that's my personal opinion).

Edited by The_Sheriff

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

Hey Duck Dude . . . Anything you can do to knock USC off its high horse will be greatly appreciated by all (except for one lone poster on this board). GB!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm a little disappointed that Chip Kelly didn't come to the Bucs. I thought of it as a built in fail safe if Skip Holtz flamed out or left. We would have a soft landing spot for Chip after his stint in the pros went horribly wrong.

But thanks for the kind words. Apart from the awful performance in the Sun Bowl, I have a place in my heart for Oregon. I do like their color scheme.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Hey Duck Dude . . . Anything you can do to knock USC off its high horse will be greatly appreciated by all (except for one lone poster on this board). GB!

As of right now, USC appears to be the most capable of beating an SEC team in the National Championship, if it comes to that. I would rather them win than have to listen to the SEC rabble for another ******* year.

Anyway, Oregon is by far my favorite West Coast team and definitely one of the most exciting teams to watch week in and week out. I catch any Oregon games they happen to have playing on television. Hope to see them do well this year.

• Content Count:  26

Well, I'm going to assume after Wazzu's horrible performance last night that the UO/WSU game will probably be a 1 p.m. start. Not much marquee value.

So, if the Bulls can get past the Wolf (space) Pack and the Gers, it should be a battle of undefeateds. Cool, we can make the bar by end of the first quarter if you're in Prime Time.

Bullwinkle, I'd love nothing more than to catch USF at the J. It's on my bucket list, but of course, as far away as I am, I'll be obligated to do Disney and Universal, too. Maybe in '13!

As far as beating the Toejams goes, I'm feeling pretty good about a potential split. SC certainly has more talent across the board than just about anybody (definitely anybody else in the PAC), but I think their lack of D-line depth is going to become an issue later in the season, and possible on their OL as well. Conversely, Oregon might have the best defense in their history this year. They're deep, experienced and talented, though still not SEC big. That doesn't mean that Barkley won't pick them apart, but I think they'll fare better this year than they did last.

Anyway, I probably won't be able to see Chatanooga up here at the North Pole, but I'll definitely be tuned in to the Nevada game!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  436

Welcome to the Bullspen, Quack 10! Thank you for the support. I also noticed some similarity between our schools. Our primary colors are green, and our mascots are animals. We have similar brands. And, some of the traditionally successful football programs probably resent both of our schools, as they are still developing their potential.

Oregon is my favorite PAC-12, and one of my favorites in the country. I am rooting for your Ducks to win a national championship soon.

Go Ducks!

Edited by Florida Bull