• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys I'm an FSU who comes in peace. I'm making the trip down to Tampa for the FSU/USF game. I'm super excited to come to Raymond James for the first time and look forward to a great game. I wanted to know, how's the game atmosphere for USF home games? Also what should I expect from this USF team this year? Any players to watch (other than BJ Daniels)? Which units of are of strength and weakness this year? If you have any questions for me on the Noles' I am happy to answer them. Thanks and I look forward to some great conversation leading up to the game.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Well, I would be on the lookout for two guys on defense for a start. Giddens at DE and Lattimore at OLB. Both are on preseason watch lists.

856942.jpg

123490401_extra_large.jpg

Probably Webster at CB too. He's in the Notre Dame record books.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

A lot of people i know really dont like how EJ has been playing. Whats your opinion of him?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Honestly, I would assume the atmosphere will be something similar to UF-FSU game. It's clearly the biggest game in our history at home and our fans will be out in force (especially if we're sitting at 4-0). In reality, expect a good portion of students to be downright nasty after they get drunk. Our alum though will be a little more approachable. Just giving you an honest answer. For the most part, it will be a great time... however I expect to see some negative reports about our crowd (especially when we send you back nicely to Tally with your first loss on the season).

• Upvote 1

I'd have to agree with whoever said that this is the first year in USF's 15 year history that the team probably has 2 deep starting talent at just about every position. I'd would say that the D line and LBs are the strength of the defense and the WR depth is the best ever. And we have some good RBs too. You'd have to ask others about game day atmosphere.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

hmm you just need to watch out for Jon LeJiste and the hammer he brings with him

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

EJ is one of the most argued about players between Noles' fans (what QB isn't though?). He's Jimbo's first actual QB recruit (Ponder was already here when Fisher arrived as OC). EJ was 5 star out of High School and everyone thought he would be the next great FSU QB. He performed really well in his Freshman and Sophomore years as a injury replacement to Ponder and has already been the MVP of 2 bowl games (Gator and Chick Fil A). So naturally everyone thought 2011 was his year to be amazing as the full time starter. Well he got injured in the OU game 3 game into the season and also had an offensive line that was changed almost every game. He still threw for 2,600 yards and 18 TDs. Manuel is a physical specimen. He has a strong arm, is a VERY good runner (different running style from BJ Daniels), and has a strong arm. What he has lacked is his decision making and his pre snap read abilities. He's worked with a NFL QB guru this summer alongside Donovan McNabb an was an Elite 11 QB camp counselor. USC QB Matt Barkley named Manuel as 1 of his top 5 QBs at the camp (full of the best QBs in the nation). Everyone thinks with a better Oline EJ has his shot to prove himself without any excuses. To me it all depends on if his mental aspect of the game has improved.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome NolesHeatBraves. I can agree on a couple of those names.

Thanks for coming to talk football with us.

Funny you mention Elite 11...this year's MVP.

543471.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2
  • Upvote 1